    Is there a way to do it without this happening?

    Ta!

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Oct 28, 2005

  2. Sparks

    Guest

    Yes, but not easily as you requested.

    , Oct 28, 2005

  3. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Yes, but not easily as you requested.

    Okay, what is the hard way then ;-)

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Oct 28, 2005
  4. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    "Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    news:43621a4b$0$38044$...
    > <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> Yes, but not easily as you requested.
    >>

    > Okay, what is the hard way then ;-)

    The ideal situation would be to have a prompt every, say, 2 minutes "Thank
    you for your patience, If you would like to change the music just Press 1 at
    any time"

    Then when the press 1, they get a choice "You are currently listening to
    xxxx, press 1 to continue with this selection, press 2 listen to yyyyy or
    press 3 to listen to zzzzz.

    But even if they are in the menu, selecting a new choice, if an agent
    becomes available, the call should be put through.

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Oct 28, 2005
  5. Sparks

    Guest

    You can change the music on hold easily with

    SetMusicOnHold()

    however the hard part is putting them back in the queue at the same
    place they were when they opted to change the music. There is some
    commercial software from OrderlyQ that hooks into Asterisk that will do
    this for you,

    Regards

    Jon

    , Oct 28, 2005
  6. Sparks

    Ivor Jones Guest

    > "Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > > <> wrote in message
    > > > Yes, but not easily as you requested.
    > > >

    > > Okay, what is the hard way then ;-)
    > >

    > The ideal situation would be to have a prompt every, say,
    > 2 minutes "Thank you for your patience, If you would like
    > to change the music just Press 1 at any time"

    How about a prompt that says "we don't want to talk to you enough to have
    a real person answer, press 1 if you're an idiot and want to carry on
    listening to inane muzak, or hang up if you're not"

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 28, 2005
  7. Sparks

    Guest

    my voicemail says, "thank you for calling but I dont want to talk to
    you, leave a message and if i cam be bothered i'll listen to it"

    , Oct 28, 2005
  8. Sparks

    Ian Guest

    > "Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > > <> wrote in message
    > >> Yes, but not easily as you requested.
    > >>

    > > Okay, what is the hard way then ;-)
    > >

    > The ideal situation would be to have a prompt every, say, 2 minutes "Thank
    > you for your patience, If you would like to change the music just Press 1

    at
    > any time"
    >
    > Then when the press 1, they get a choice "You are currently listening to
    > xxxx, press 1 to continue with this selection, press 2 listen to yyyyy or
    > press 3 to listen to zzzzz.
    >
    > But even if they are in the menu, selecting a new choice, if an agent
    > becomes available, the call should be put through.

    Hi.
    An easy way would be to give them the choice either before entering the
    queue, IE asking , "do you want Classical, Rap, grunge etc, That way the
    postition in queue isnt effected. Or you offer it while in the queue and
    after the choice option the caller is put in a queue with a higher
    weighting, thereby being answered before the next person in the original
    queue. It all depends how long people are queueing, In most call centers I
    have deployed or trained the admins of, the average hold time is 35 to 45
    seconds.

    Ian

    Ian, Oct 28, 2005
  9. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    > Hi.
    > An easy way would be to give them the choice either before entering the
    > queue, IE asking , "do you want Classical, Rap, grunge etc, That way the
    > postition in queue isnt effected. Or you offer it while in the queue and
    > after the choice option the caller is put in a queue with a higher
    > weighting, thereby being answered before the next person in the original
    > queue. It all depends how long people are queueing, In most call centers I
    > have deployed or trained the admins of, the average hold time is 35 to 45
    > seconds.

    :) I take it that wasn't at:-

    BT, NTL, O2 or Demon Internet then! - 35-45 minutes would have been a little
    closer to the mark :)

    I would prefer it to be changeable during the waiting time, that way it
    gives the caller something to play about with so the time pass quicker :)

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Oct 28, 2005