    re-registering 5 or 6 times and then fail, and never try again.

    Is there a way of getting asterisk to retry, then retry in a minute-or-so?

    It would be silly if I need to out a sip reload in a cron job.

    Thomas Rankin, Oct 24, 2005

  2. Thomas Rankin

    alexd Guest

    Thomas Rankin wrote:

    > I have a fairly dodgy Cable modem here, and if the internet connection
    > is down during a re-registration, asterisk will very quickly try
    > re-registering 5 or 6 times and then fail, and never try again.
    >
    > Is there a way of getting asterisk to retry, then retry in a minute-or-so?
    >
    > It would be silly if I need to out a sip reload in a cron job.

    You might want to look at the "registertimeout" and "registerattempts"
    options in sip.conf, however these might be CVS-only options...not sure if
    they've made it into the main releases. You could always download the
    source for your version and grep for occurences of them in the source. Or
    install the CVS version.

    http://www.voip-forum.com/ that might be helpful

    Also, have you double checked that any firewalls aren't interfering?

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    21:33:21 up 1 day, 7 min, 3 users, load average: 0.10, 0.22, 0.19

    alexd, Oct 25, 2005

  3. alexd wrote:
    > Thomas Rankin wrote:
    >

    >>I have a fairly dodgy Cable modem here, and if the internet connection
    >>is down during a re-registration, asterisk will very quickly try
    >>re-registering 5 or 6 times and then fail, and never try again.
    >>
    >>Is there a way of getting asterisk to retry, then retry in a minute-or-so?
    >>
    >>It would be silly if I need to out a sip reload in a cron job.

    > You might want to look at the "registertimeout" and "registerattempts"
    > options in sip.conf, however these might be CVS-only options...not sure if
    > they've made it into the main releases. You could always download the
    > source for your version and grep for occurences of them in the source. Or
    > install the CVS version.

    It's my home system, so I'm running the CVS version.

    > http://www.voip-forum.com/ that might be helpful
    >
    > Also, have you double checked that any firewalls aren't interfering?

    Sure, you can see what's happening in the logs.

    Thomas Rankin, Oct 26, 2005