    luck so far: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk cmd SendDTMF

    Any ideas please?

    Thanks!
    Mr Man, Sep 9, 2007

  2. Mr Man

    alexd Guest

    Mr Man wrote:

    > Anyone out there know how to do this, or at least some of it please?:
    >
    > The plan
    >
    > Call comes into asterisk, message played to caller.
    >
    > While message is playing another preset number is dialed and DTMF tones
    > are sent, preferably the CLI of the orignating call.

    So I presume you want something like this:

    s,1,Answer()
    s,n,Playback(mymessage)
    s,n,Dial(ZAP/12345,D(${CALLERIDNUM}))

    but of course you want the Dial() to happen whilst mymessage is playing, and
    then have the two calls joined after the DTMF digits have been sent. To be
    honest I think the above will get you 90% of the way there, without having
    to resort to AGI. Your callers may notice a slight delay whilst it's
    Dial()ing, but you could probably hide that with a bit of MOH trickery.

    One thing the above doesn't take account of is whether or not 12345 is
    available. Is it 100% likely to be available when needed?

    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk cmd Dial

    > Need to get asterisk 'sendDTMF' working somehow - but i've not had much
    > luck so far: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk cmd SendDTMF

    Are you using vanilla Asterisk, or Trixbox or AsteriskNow or ...? If it's
    vanilla Asterisk, I suggest putting NoOp() in every other line, and turning
    up verbosity whilst watching call progress on the Asterisk console.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    11:21:11 up 53 days, 17:07, 2 users, load average: 2.43, 2.04, 1.74
    alexd, Sep 9, 2007

  3. Mr Man

    Mr Man Guest

    Thanks for that info.

    I've now got what i wanted working.

    s,1,Answer()
    s,2,Playback(silence/2)
    s,3,Playback(custom/pager)
    s,4,Dial(SIP/07654XXXXXX@Provider,20,D(wwww**${CALLERIDNUM}**#))

    The above plays a message to the caller then dials a Pager and sends the
    callers number by DTMF, adding ** to the start and end of the number -so
    when it reaches the pager i know it's an automated message coming in in
    this way.

    brilliant!

    Thanks
    Mr Man, Sep 9, 2007