Asterisk error when adding fxo to zapata.conf

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Glenn Robinson, Apr 1, 2006.

  1. Hello,

    Asterisk 1.2.3
    Zaptel 1.2.2
    Wildcard TDM400P REV I

    Port 3 is fxo
    Port 4 is fxs

    I've had this working for a couple of months now with just the fxs
    module installed. I've now added the fxo module so i've added the
    following to the end of /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf

    signalling=fxo_ks
    channel => 3

    When I restart asterisk I get an error saying:

    Ouch ... error while writing audio data: : Broken pipe
    Junk at the beginning 49443303

    I've seen a couple of things on the web saying use noload chan_oss.so
    but I already have that in my modules.conf file.

    If I comment out the line channel => 3 asterisk loads but, obvously, I
    don't have my channel 3 available.

    ztcfg shows

    Channel 03: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 03)
    Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)

    2 channels configured.

    Any ideas what's causing this problem?

    Thanks

    Glenn