    --
    Christophe. <http://esperado.chez.tiscali.fr>
    On n'est jamais trompé par celles qu'on voudrait. [sacha Guitry]

    ch.esperado, Dec 8, 2004

  2. ch.esperado wrote:
    > Running Snom, Zyxel and sofphones on an asterisk server (25 ip phones),
    > everybody complain about echo problems on some communications to regular
    > outside phones or pabx's. When we set the echo cancelation in asterisk, we
    > just have the outcomming voices cuting all incoming sound as long as we
    > speak: too bad.
    > Is it a way to tune the sytem to minimise this trouble ?

    The best way to kill the echo is DO NOT USE ANALOG trunks. Use ISDN lines.

    T. Sean Weintz, Dec 8, 2004

  3. ch.esperado

    m Guest

    T. Sean Weintz wrote:
    > ch.esperado wrote:
    >
    >> Running Snom, Zyxel and sofphones on an asterisk server (25 ip
    >> phones), everybody complain about echo problems on some communications
    >> to regular outside phones or pabx's. When we set the echo cancelation
    >> in asterisk, we just have the outcomming voices cuting all incoming
    >> sound as long as we speak: too bad. Is it a way to tune the sytem to
    >> minimise this trouble ?
    >>

    > The best way to kill the echo is DO NOT USE ANALOG trunks. Use ISDN lines.

    Now I dunno if this helps but I had a length talk about echo and it
    sounds like I agree with the fello that it allways comes back to
    analog... echo in digital is it possible...

    With the Snom phones can you do Intercom with them. I don't want to know
    really if you can do it. i hear you can but does it work? (in astrisk)
    We are ready to dump alot of money on phones (they are not cheep) and we
    wanna know if we can get a phone that will do intercom.. it means alot
    if you could answer back here...

    Or anyone who knows the best sip phone to do more then one line and
    handle Intercomm and paging..

    m,

    m, Dec 8, 2004
  4. ch.esperado

    ch.esperado Guest

    m <> écrivait news::

    > Or anyone who knows the best sip phone to do more then one line and
    > handle Intercomm and paging..

    I dunno if i understand well your question, (my bad english), but you
    can handle up to 5 lines on the Snom 190, and conference with how many
    people you want by transferring your correspondants in virtual conference
    rooms.

    --
    Christophe. <http://esperado.chez.tiscali.fr>
    "Je hais tous les dégénérés de FME.

    ch.esperado, Dec 9, 2004
  5. ch.esperado

    ch.esperado Guest

    "T. Sean Weintz" <> écrivait

    > Use ISDN lines.

    On our side, we use ISDN with a C4 AVM controller .
    But can-we manage what are using our correspondants on the other side, like
    their analog lines ?
    (Anyway, even if we were using analog lines, despite the delays of digital
    converters, codecs and network transmission, why the Zaptel analog cards
    are not able to cancel or reduce the echo ? They can do-it in real time.)
    This echo is really a big problem, and conversations are very uncomfortable.

    --
    Christophe. <http://esperado.chez.tiscali.fr>

    ch.esperado, Dec 9, 2004
  6. ch.esperado

    Alan Guest

    The VoIP Troubleshooter web site (www.voiptroubleshooter.com) has some
    info on echo.

    Echo cancellers can sometimes have problems if the signal level is too
    high or low, or if the echo canceller "tail" is less than the time
    delay of the echo.

    Alan

    Alan, Dec 9, 2004
  7. ch.esperado

    ch.esperado Guest

    "Alan" <> écrivait

    > The VoIP Troubleshooter web site (www.voiptroubleshooter.com) has some
    > info on echo.

    Very interesting URL. Thanks a lot, Alan.

    --
    Christophe. <http://esperado.chez.tiscali.fr>
    "Quand tu veux être quelqu'un d'autre, c'est du boulot" [Arnaud]

    ch.esperado, Dec 10, 2004
  8. ch.esperado

    m Guest

    Intercom.. where I pick up one phone and enter a combo like (example:
    *33) and when I talk my voice is broadcast across all speaker phones in
    each office.

    "Call for jason on line 3 , call for jason on line 3"

    I need a phone that will without a doubt support this feature

    m, Dec 10, 2004