Asterisk detecting POTS line hangup

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Sparks, Jul 2, 2005.

  1. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    I have a problem with my asterisk@home where it does not detect the other
    party (From the PSTN) clearing down.
    Not a problem if they have just been talking to someone, as the user my side
    of the asterisk box clearing down terminates the PSTN call too.
    If the caller is in the voicemail system, leaves a message, then clears down
    (Or calls, and clears down after one ring or so, asterisk does not realise
    they have cleared down and records loads of silence or the usual
    unobtainable tome you get.

    I have included my configs below, if that helps!

    zaptel.conf

    # Span 1: WCFXO/0 "Wildcard X101P Board 1"
    fxsks=1

    # Span 2: WCFXO/1 "Wildcard X101P Board 2"
    fxsks=2

    # Global data

    loadzone = uk
    defaultzone = uk

    ***************************************
    zaptel.conf

    ; Zapata telephony interface
    ;
    ; Configuration file

    [trunkgroups]

    [channels]

    language=en
    context=from-pstn
    signalling=fxs_ls
    rxwink=300 ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
    ;
    ; Whether or not to do distinctive ring detection on FXO lines
    ;
    ;usedistinctiveringdetection=yes

    usecallerid=no
    hidecallerid=no
    callwaiting=no
    usecallingpres=yes
    callwaitingcallerid=yes
    threewaycalling=no
    transfer=yes
    cancallforward=yes
    callreturn=yes
    echocancel=yes
    echocancelwhenbridged=no
    echotraining=800
    rxgain=0.0
    txgain=0.0
    group=0
    callgroup=1
    pickupgroup=1
    immediate=no
    hanguponpolarityswitch=yes

    ;faxdetect=both
    faxdetect=incoming
    ;faxdetect=outgoing
    ;faxdetect=no

    ;Include AMP configs
    #include zapata_additional.conf

    ;Include genzaptelconf configs
    #include zapata-auto.conf

    **********************
    zapata_additional.conf

    [empty]

    **********************
    zapata-auto.conf

    ; Autogenerated by /usr/local/sbin/genzaptelconf -- do not hand edit
    ; Zaptel Channels Configurations (zapata.conf)
    ;
    ; This is not intended to be a complete zapata.conf. Rather, it is intended
    ; to be #include-d by /etc/zapata.conf that will include the global settings
    ;

    ; Span 1: WCFXO/0 "Wildcard X101P Board 1"
    signalling=fxs_ks
    ; Note: this is a trunk. Create a ZAP trunk in AMP for Channel 1
    context=from-pstn
    group=0
    channel => 1

    ; Span 2: WCFXO/1 "Wildcard X101P Board 2"
    signalling=fxs_ks
    ; Note: this is a trunk. Create a ZAP trunk in AMP for Channel 2
    context=from-pstn
    group=0
    channel => 2

    Sparks, Jul 2, 2005

  2. Sparks

    Ian Guest

    > I have included my configs below, if that helps!
    >

    > zaptel.conf
    >
    > # Span 1: WCFXO/0 "Wildcard X101P Board 1"
    > fxsks=1
    >
    > # Span 2: WCFXO/1 "Wildcard X101P Board 2"
    > fxsks=2
    >
    > # Global data
    >
    > loadzone = uk
    > defaultzone = uk
    >
    > ***************************************
    > zaptel.conf
    >
    > ; Zapata telephony interface
    > ;
    > ; Configuration file
    >
    > [trunkgroups]
    >
    > [channels]
    >
    > language=en
    > context=from-pstn
    > signalling=fxs_ls

    this should be fxs_ks

    > rxwink=300 ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
    > ;
    > ; Whether or not to do distinctive ring detection on FXO lines
    > ;
    > ;usedistinctiveringdetection=yes
    >
    > usecallerid=no
    > hidecallerid=no
    > callwaiting=no
    > usecallingpres=yes
    > callwaitingcallerid=yes
    > threewaycalling=no
    > transfer=yes
    > cancallforward=yes
    > callreturn=yes
    > echocancel=yes
    > echocancelwhenbridged=no
    > echotraining=800
    > rxgain=0.0
    > txgain=0.0
    > group=0
    > callgroup=1
    > pickupgroup=1
    > immediate=no
    > hanguponpolarityswitch=yes

    Try it without this line ^

    > ;faxdetect=both
    > faxdetect=incoming
    > ;faxdetect=outgoing
    > ;faxdetect=no
    >
    > ;Include AMP configs
    > #include zapata_additional.conf
    >
    > ;Include genzaptelconf configs
    > #include zapata-auto.conf
    >
    > **********************
    > zapata_additional.conf
    >
    > [empty]
    >
    > **********************
    > zapata-auto.conf
    >
    > ; Autogenerated by /usr/local/sbin/genzaptelconf -- do not hand edit
    > ; Zaptel Channels Configurations (zapata.conf)
    > ;
    > ; This is not intended to be a complete zapata.conf. Rather, it is

    intended
    > ; to be #include-d by /etc/zapata.conf that will include the global

    settings
    > ;
    >
    > ; Span 1: WCFXO/0 "Wildcard X101P Board 1"
    > signalling=fxs_ks
    > ; Note: this is a trunk. Create a ZAP trunk in AMP for Channel 1
    > context=from-pstn
    > group=0
    > channel => 1
    >

    > ; Span 2: WCFXO/1 "Wildcard X101P Board 2"
    > signalling=fxs_ks
    > ; Note: this is a trunk. Create a ZAP trunk in AMP for Channel 2
    > context=from-pstn
    > group=0
    > channel => 2

    Hi try it with those changes, But as a@h uses non standard conf files there
    could be others that may need changing , ie voicemail.conf

    Good luck

    Ian

    Ian, Jul 2, 2005

  3. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    >> signalling=fxs_ls

    > this should be fxs_ks

    That's what it was origanally :-(

    >> hanguponpolarityswitch=yes

    > Try it without this line ^

    Again, somthing I added to *try* and fix it!

    > Hi try it with those changes, But as a@h uses non standard conf files
    > there could be others that may need changing , ie voicemail.conf

    Thanks for the suggestions!

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Jul 3, 2005
  4. In article <42c72d95$0$38043$>,
    "Sparks" <> writes:
    >>> hanguponpolarityswitch=yes

    >> Try it without this line ^

    > Again, somthing I added to *try* and fix it!

    My SPA-3000 is configured for several methods to detect PSTN hang-up,
    but the one that it always seems to pick up is the CPC Signal, which
    is a momentary removal of voltage from the line, of something like
    90-120ms IIRC. Sorry, no idea how you configure Asterisk to look for
    this though.

    --
    Andrew Gabriel

    Andrew Gabriel, Jul 3, 2005
  5. Sparks

    Ian Guest

    Hi ..

    "Ian" <spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > I have included my configs below, if that helps!
    > >

    > > zaptel.conf
    > >
    > > # Span 1: WCFXO/0 "Wildcard X101P Board 1"
    > > fxsks=1
    > >
    > > # Span 2: WCFXO/1 "Wildcard X101P Board 2"
    > > fxsks=2
    > >
    > > # Global data
    > >
    > > loadzone = uk
    > > defaultzone = uk
    > >
    > > ***************************************
    > > zaptel.conf

    This is a typo isnt it ? this sould be zapata.conf

    > > ; Zapata telephony interface
    > > ;
    > > ; Configuration file
    > >
    > > [trunkgroups]
    > >
    > > [channels]
    > >
    > > language=en
    > > context=from-pstn
    > > signalling=fxs_ls

    this should be fxs_ks as said before

    > > rxwink=300 ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks

    comment this out ^

    > > ;

    > > ; Whether or not to do distinctive ring detection on FXO lines
    > > ;
    > > ;usedistinctiveringdetection=yes
    > >
    > > usecallerid=no
    > > hidecallerid=no
    > > callwaiting=no
    > > usecallingpres=yes
    > > callwaitingcallerid=yes
    > > threewaycalling=no
    > > transfer=yes
    > > cancallforward=yes
    > > callreturn=yes
    > > echocancel=yes
    > > echocancelwhenbridged=no
    > > echotraining=800
    > > rxgain=0.0
    > > txgain=0.0
    > > group=0
    > > callgroup=1
    > > pickupgroup=1
    > > immediate=no
    > > hanguponpolarityswitch=yes

    as before Try it without this line ^

    > > ;faxdetect=both
    > > faxdetect=incoming
    > > ;faxdetect=outgoing
    > > ;faxdetect=no
    > >
    > > ;Include AMP configs
    > > #include zapata_additional.conf
    > >
    > > ;Include genzaptelconf configs
    > > #include zapata-auto.conf
    > >
    > > **********************
    > > zapata_additional.conf
    > >
    > > [empty]
    > >
    > > **********************
    > > zapata-auto.conf
    > >
    > > ; Autogenerated by /usr/local/sbin/genzaptelconf -- do not hand edit
    > > ; Zaptel Channels Configurations (zapata.conf)
    > > ;
    > > ; This is not intended to be a complete zapata.conf. Rather, it is

    > intended
    > > ; to be #include-d by /etc/zapata.conf that will include the global

    > settings
    > > ;
    > >
    > > ; Span 1: WCFXO/0 "Wildcard X101P Board 1"
    > > signalling=fxs_ks
    > > ; Note: this is a trunk. Create a ZAP trunk in AMP for Channel 1
    > > context=from-pstn
    > > group=0
    > > channel => 1
    > >

    > > ; Span 2: WCFXO/1 "Wildcard X101P Board 2"
    > > signalling=fxs_ks
    > > ; Note: this is a trunk. Create a ZAP trunk in AMP for Channel 2
    > > context=from-pstn
    > > group=0
    > > channel => 2
    > >

    > Hi try it with those changes, But as a@h uses non standard conf files

    there
    > could be others that may need changing , ie voicemail.conf

    and here is a copy of a working zapata.conf

    [channels]

    language=en

    context=incoming
    signalling=fxs_ks