    I have [almost] identical settings for 1899 which work.

    With regards to voipbuster, is it a confirmed fact that it will only work
    using their client software?

    The Cable Guy, May 28, 2005

  2. The Cable Guy

    Tony Hoyle Guest

    The Cable Guy wrote:
    > [18866]
    > username=18866xxxxxxxxxxx
    > type=peer
    > secret=xxxxxxxxx
    > qualify=yes
    > host=iax.call18866.co.uk

    That looks pretty identical to mine. You need the full phone number in
    the username eg. 188660161xxxxxxxx

    Make sure you set your outgoing callerid too.. seems to matter.

    > With regards to voipbuster, is it a confirmed fact that it will only work
    > using their client software?

    It works fine over an iax connection w/asterisk. Basically the same
    setup as 18866/1899.

    Tony

    Tony Hoyle, May 31, 2005

  3. "Tony Hoyle" <> wrote in message
    > The Cable Guy wrote:
    >> [18866]
    >> username=18866xxxxxxxxxxx
    >> type=peer
    >> secret=xxxxxxxxx
    >> qualify=yes
    >> host=iax.call18866.co.uk

    > That looks pretty identical to mine. You need the full phone number in
    > the username eg. 188660161xxxxxxxx
    >
    > Make sure you set your outgoing callerid too.. seems to matter.
    >
    >> With regards to voipbuster, is it a confirmed fact that it will only work
    >> using their client software?

    > It works fine over an iax connection w/asterisk. Basically the same
    > setup as 18866/1899.
    >
    > Tony

    Thanks Tony,

    I have the full number in the username.

    I cannot get either 18866 or Voipbuster to work with Aterisk.

    However, 1899 Voip works fine (except I cannot get any new numbers to work)

    I seem to be having probs with 18866 because I'm already with 1899(?)

    The Cable Guy, May 31, 2005
  4. The Cable Guy

    Tony Hoyle Guest

    The Cable Guy wrote:

    > Thanks Tony,
    >
    > I have the full number in the username.
    >
    > I cannot get either 18866 or Voipbuster to work with Aterisk.
    >
    > However, 1899 Voip works fine (except I cannot get any new numbers to work)
    >
    > I seem to be having probs with 18866 because I'm already with 1899(?)

    I have accounts with all 3 logged in simultaneously... don't do
    anything special at all (I think).

    Here's my relevent bits of iax.conf:

    In my [general] I have:
    disallow=all
    allow=g729
    allow=gsm
    allow=ulaw
    allow=alaw

    Plus:
    [call1899]
    host=iax.1899.com
    type=peer
    username=18990161xxxxxxx
    secret=xxxxxxxx
    qualify=yes
    context=inbound

    [call18866]
    host=iax.call18866.co.uk
    type=peer
    username=188660161xxxxxxx
    secret=xxxxxxxx
    qualify=yes
    context=inbound

    [voipbuster]
    host=iax.voipbuster.com
    type=peer
    username=xxxxxxx
    secret=xxxxxxxx
    qualify=yes
    context=inbound

    Tony

    Tony Hoyle, Jun 1, 2005
  5. Tony Hoyle wrote:
    || The Cable Guy wrote:
    ||| Thanks Tony,
    ||| I have the full number in the username.
    ||| I cannot get either 18866 or Voipbuster to work with Aterisk.
    ||| However, 1899 Voip works fine (except I cannot get any new numbers
    ||| to work)
    ||| I seem to be having probs with 18866 because I'm already with
    ||| 1899(?)
    || I have accounts with all 3 logged in simultaneously... don't do
    || anything special at all (I think).
    || Here's my relevent bits of iax.conf:
    || In my [general] I have:
    || disallow=all
    || allow=g729
    || allow=gsm
    || allow=ulaw
    || allow=alaw
    || Plus:
    || [call1899]
    || host=iax.1899.com
    || type=peer
    || username=18990161xxxxxxx
    || secret=xxxxxxxx
    || qualify=yes
    || context=inbound
    || [call18866]
    || host=iax.call18866.co.uk
    || type=peer
    || username=188660161xxxxxxx
    || secret=xxxxxxxx
    || qualify=yes
    || context=inbound
    || [voipbuster]
    || host=iax.voipbuster.com
    || type=peer
    || username=xxxxxxx
    || secret=xxxxxxxx
    || qualify=yes
    || context=inbound
    || Tony

    Thanks Tony, I'll do some more scrutinising

    The Cable Guy, Jun 1, 2005