    Is this normal, or have I configured something wrong? If so what?

    Many thanks

    Matthew
    Matt, May 15, 2007

  2. Matt

    alexd Guest

    Matt wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Just found some odd behaviour with our Asterisk set up.
    >
    > If, during a call internally or to a landline, I hit ## I can transfer
    > the call.
    >
    > If I try this during a call to a mobile, it ignores the ## - even when
    > calling out over the same trunk!
    >
    > I've tried over a couple of trunks with a couple of different ATA's -
    > all Linksys / Sipura.
    >
    > Is this normal, or have I configured something wrong? If so what?

    The 't' and 'T' options to Dial() control how Asterisk handles the '#' key,
    which is blind transfer by default. Have a look at

    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk config features.conf

    and

    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk cmd Dial

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    17:39:50 up 16 days, 19:39, 2 users, load average: 0.15, 0.29, 0.29
    alexd, May 15, 2007

  3. Matt

    Matt Guest

    On May 15, 5:43 pm, alexd <> wrote:
    > Matt wrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > Just found some odd behaviour with our Asterisk set up.

    > > If, during a call internally or to a landline, I hit ## I can transfer
    > > the call.

    > > If I try this during a call to a mobile, it ignores the ## - even when
    > > calling out over the same trunk!

    > > I've tried over a couple of trunks with a couple of different ATA's -
    > > all Linksys / Sipura.

    > > Is this normal, or have I configured something wrong? If so what?

    > The 't' and 'T' options to Dial() control how Asterisk handles the '#' key,
    > which is blind transfer by default. Have a look at
    >
    > http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk config features.conf
    >
    > and
    >
    > http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk cmd Dial
    >
    > --
    > <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    > 17:39:50 up 16 days, 19:39, 2 users, load average: 0.15, 0.29, 0.29
    > 09 f9 11 02 9d 74 e3 5b d8 41 56 c5 63 56 88 c0

    Cheers Alex,

    Can't get my head around why its different for calls to landlines and
    calls to mobiles....

    Seems odd to me!

    I'll have a read up of those links.....

    Thanks

    Matt
    Matt, May 15, 2007
  4. Matt

    alexd Guest

    Matt wrote:

    > Cheers Alex,
    >
    > Can't get my head around why its different for calls to landlines and
    > calls to mobiles....

    My immediate guess would be that you are routing calls differently [ie via a
    different Dial() command], but you've already eliminated that when you said
    you've tried using the same trunk for geo and mobile. My next guess would
    be looking at the dialplans on your ATAs. Are they treating calls to
    07nnnnn differently to others? You can see info in realtime on the Asterisk
    console with 'asterisk -rc'. You might want to 'set verbose 5' before you
    make a call and see what happens when you press # in either case.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    17:15:31 up 17 days, 19:15, 2 users, load average: 0.58, 0.39, 0.29
    alexd, May 16, 2007