Asterisk at Home

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Matt, Jul 15, 2005.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Hi,

    I'm just installing Asterisk at Home, after playing with standard
    Asterisk for a bit.

    In the A@H trunk configuration, it asks for 2 sets of information -
    Peer Details and User details.

    I'm aware of the sip.conf and iax.conf settings, but not sure how to
    split these into Peer and User details?

    Can someone please explain?

    If anyone has a sample sipgate of call18866 settings from A@H I'd be
    very grateful.

    Many thanks

    Matthew

    Matt, Jul 15, 2005

  2. Matt

    Ian Guest

    "Matt" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm just installing Asterisk at Home, after playing with standard
    > Asterisk for a bit.
    >
    > In the A@H trunk configuration, it asks for 2 sets of information -
    > Peer Details and User details.
    >
    > I'm aware of the sip.conf and iax.conf settings, but not sure how to
    > split these into Peer and User details?
    >
    > Can someone please explain?

    Well a peer is a supplier of services and a user is a user such as a phone.

    Not sure why *@h would want details of both in trunk setup though, due to
    the number of support calls coming in for *@h i may be forced to install it
    on a lab server to work out how it splits the conf files up. so will be able
    to shed more light on it then. But for production I will stick with the
    "vanilla" version

    Ian

    Ian

    Ian, Jul 15, 2005