    Is Asterisk up to the task?

    Thanks for sharing your insight in this matter.

    -Ramon F Herrera

    Ramon F Herrera, Jun 27, 2005

  2. Ramon F Herrera

    Frans Keijer Guest

    Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > My real concern is the programmability. Can Asterisk implement a real
    > like IVR with many options, loops (3 strikes you're out), subroutines,
    > collecting a certain number of digits, etc.?

    It can -- but the question is: Is it stable enough, or does it offer
    enough "power" to handle it?

    Maybe this will give an insight about the pros and cons of Asterisk
    http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/06/23/pbx.html

    Frans Keijer, Jun 27, 2005

  3. I guess I should have started with this question:
    Can anyone please point me to documentation specific for IVR on
    Asterisk?

    -Ramon

    Ramon F Herrera, Jun 27, 2005
  4. Arnold Ligtvoet, Jun 27, 2005
  5. Ramon F Herrera

    BlueRinse Guest

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:22:35 -0700, Ramon F Herrera wrote:

    > I would like to hear opinions on the merits of implementing an IVR system
    > using Asterisk.

    Opinion: I would say this is one of the areas where asterisk shines. The
    question of stability and reliability will depend a lot on what POTS
    hardware you use, line quality, country and PSTN standards.

    The main caveat I'd offer is that one shouldn't underestimate the time and
    effort spent getting the system running the way you want with the right
    hardware and version and using a minimum of add on and other software
    running on the same box. I had an experimental IVR running (with "3
    strikes" as you mention) in the first weeks I set it up. My current system
    has been running for 15 months, running on a P-II 800M with 512Megs RAM.
    I've had to restart about three times to recover dialtone on the FXS card.

    You'll also want a decent UPS and if this box will be mission critical,
    swap in replacement hardware.

    The rest is in googling for the many disparate sites about asterisk IVR,
    reading voip-info.org wiki web pages, the asterisk mailing list,
    dslreports and voip sites in general.

    hth

    BlueRinse, Jun 28, 2005
  6. Ramon F Herrera

    Andrew Kern

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Separate IVR and Asterisk

    It is probably much easier to implement an IVR system separately. The focus of a PBX system is very different from an IVR system. For example, the capability of linking website or customer database is important to almost all IVR applications but not necessarily to PBX system.

    It is actually easy to add IVR capability to your Asterisk box, all you need to do is connect an IVR system to it. For example, use Voicent IVR Studio to design your IVR application, then set it up as extensions to the Asterisk PBX.

    Andrew Kern, Oct 9, 2009
  7. Ramon F Herrera

    JMIGUELQUIROS

    Joined:
    May 26, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    AGIntera

    AGIntera ...This Software executes AGI scripts easy. dobesoft.com

    :trytofly:

    JMIGUELQUIROS, May 26, 2010
  8. Ramon F Herrera

    bizz

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    voip wholesale minutes call termination resaller iconglobal

    wholesale VoIP carrier services:
    wholesale VoIP carrier services is one of the most profitable prepositions for those looking to become a player of the telecommunication industry.
    This in turn has led to the increase in the number of wholesale carrier providers to keep up with the growing demand for VoIP call transmission services.

    iconglobal.co.uk

    bizz, Jun 23, 2010