    BT line? Basically I want outgoing calls to appear as though they are
    originating from my mobile.

    Gareth
    Gareth Evans, Jun 14, 2007

  2. In article <>,
    Gareth Evans <> wrote:
    >Is it possible to change the outgoing caller ID with asterisk using a
    >BT line? Basically I want outgoing calls to appear as though they are
    >originating from my mobile.

    If it's a BT analogue line, then the answer is no...

    Why not connect your asterisk box up to a SIP provider and ask them to
    change outgoing caller ID for you? It might even (probably will!) be
    cheaper to make calls that way too..

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Jun 14, 2007

  3. Gareth  Evans

    Jono Guest

    Gareth Evans used his keyboard to write :
    > Is it possible to change the outgoing caller ID with asterisk using a
    > BT line? Basically I want outgoing calls to appear as though they are
    > originating from my mobile.
    >
    > Gareth

    You can ask BT to provide you with this service - it's called
    Presentation Number. Only available on a business lines. £60 set up and
    a quarterly rental I can't remember.

    Why don't you do as GH suggests & use a VoIP provider? Voipcheap.com &
    other Betamax clones allow you to set your own 07/0870/01/02 number as
    your presentation numer - best of all, there's no charge.
    Jono, Jun 14, 2007