Asterisk ** Adtran 750, 5xQuad FXS, 1xQuad FXO, Pentium 500MHz, 10GB hard Drive, 384MB RAM..Will tha

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by asterisk_effort, Oct 10, 2003.

  1. Hello Everyone,

    I have been thinking about starting Asterisk efforts for quite some
    time. Finally I got myself into it. Just received a T100P from Digium
    and I had already secured an Adtran 750TA with FXS and FXO cards.

    My Goal:
    Create a PBX based on Asterisk and Digium hardware with following
    configuration:

    4 FXO (now)
    20 FXS (now)
    IAX connectivity to other Asterisks outside (Future)
    VoIP explorations (Future)

    My hardware configuration:

    Adtran 750 TA with 1-Quad FXO and 5-Quad FXS.
    Digium T100P.
    Pentium 500 MHz 10 GB hard-drive.
    384MB RAM.
    2-Network interface cards.
    CD-ROM/FLOPPY.
    Total of 4 PCI slots.(2 available)

    I suppose this is enough to get me a world class PBX ????? Any
    thoughts?
    I have been reading a lot of posts and messages and this seems to be
    very popular configuration amongst the Asterisk users. So to all of
    you out there, who have gone through similar set-up, please help me
    get started.
    There is a lot that can be done with Asterisk & I am willing to
    explore all the features but I need basic help to get started and to
    boost my confidence in Asterisk.

    Assuming minimal familiarity with Linux and almost no familiarity with
    Asterisk, is there a step-by-step guide for the discussed
    configurations. If there is no documentation already, i would love to
    create one once I am all installed and ready.

    Please share any supporting literature (such as a set of .config
    files) for the purpose with me. You can email me directly at
    "" (yes that is a real address but fools the
    spammers, I hope :)

    Thanks a lot in advance and I look forward to hearing from all of you.
    Once I am all set-up, as promised earlier, I will create a
    step-by-step (starting form linux installation) guide for future
    starters. If there is any such guide already out there, please share
    it with me.

    Ricky

    asterisk_effort, Oct 10, 2003

  2. Greetings everyone.

    Finally I got everything installed. I connected a phone (instrument)
    to one of the channels but there is no dialtone. Anyone want to share
    their .conf files. I would really appreciate any help that I can get.
    I also want to know if there is a simple "hello world" test procedure
    to know if T100P and Adtran 750 (in my setup) are working alright.
    Thanks everyone for your responses.

    Regards,
    Ricky

    asterisk_effort, Oct 12, 2003
  4. asterisk_effort

    TC Guest

    Re: Asterisk ** Adtran 750, 5xQuad FXS, 1xQuad FXO, Pentium 500MHz,10GB hard Drive, 384MB RAM..Will that do?

    > I also want to know if there is a simple "hello world" test procedure
    > to know if T100P and Adtran 750 (in my setup) are working alright.
    > Thanks everyone for your responses.

    come join #asterisk on irc & we can walk you over the config pissing
    around with emails
    is not usually productive unless you have a single clear stated issue :)

    TC, Oct 12, 2003