    imporvement in the echo?

    Many thanks

    Matthew
    Matt, Oct 29, 2005

  2. Matt

    Sean Guest

    Matt wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I currently run a small asterisk setup on a PIII 500 (or similar) with
    > 256mb RAM.
    >
    > If I moved it to 1 1.7ghz machine, with 512mb should I see an
    > imporvement in the echo?
    >
    > Many thanks
    >

    > Matthew

    Dont think so. Mine works ok with 580Mhz, and 96Mb RAM
    Sean, Oct 29, 2005

  3. Matt

    Brian Guest

    On 2005-10-29, Matt <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I currently run a small asterisk setup on a PIII 500 (or similar) with
    > 256mb RAM.
    >
    > If I moved it to 1 1.7ghz machine, with 512mb should I see an
    > imporvement in the echo?

    The improvement would be similar to what you would get by moving
    asterisk to a machine having a larger monitor. There is more on this
    topic here:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/
    technologies_white_paper09186a00800d6b68.shtml

    The URL is wrapped.

    Brian.
    Brian, Oct 29, 2005
  4. Matt

    JC Guest

    On 29 Oct 2005 03:36:20 -0700, "Matt" <>
    wrote:

    >I currently run a small asterisk setup on a PIII 500 (or similar) with
    >256mb RAM.
    >
    >If I moved it to 1 1.7ghz machine, with 512mb should I see an
    >imporvement in the echo?

    Umm, unlikly. What echo problem do you have.. let me guess, an x100p
    analogue interface on a UK PSTN line?

    Rgds
    Jonathan
    JC, Oct 29, 2005