    system?

    Thanks
    Tony

    Antonio, May 13, 2004

  2. Antonio

    Kurt Jaeger Guest

    In article <>,
    Antonio <> wrote:
    >Hello, i just installed a Connectiva Linux on a PC and want to know
    >what i need to run Asteriks. I already have two Sipura SPA-2000, a
    >network, a router and a adsl internet.
    >
    >- To connect to the network/internet i need only one ethernet card?

    Yes.

    >- To connect to the PSTN i need a regular modem?

    No, you need a analog-port card, like

    http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=wildcard_x100p

    > Can i add more to
    >have more connections to the PSTN on the same computer?

    Yes. Put more of the x100p cards into the system.
    Or use some of the other boards, as seen on

    http://www.asterisk.org/index.php?menu=hardware

    e.g. the

    http://www.voicetronix.com/vpb4_v4pci.htm

    >After that i only need to get more ATAs to use as "braches" of my
    >system?

    Yes.

    --
    MfG/Best regards, Kurt Jaeger 16 years to go !
    LF.net GmbH fon +49 711 90074-23

    Kurt Jaeger, May 13, 2004

  3. Antonio

    Psychomation Guest

    Stumbling out on on Thu, 13 May 2004 11:34:32 -0700, Antonio blithered:

    > - To connect to the network/internet i need only one ethernet card? - To
    > connect to the PSTN i need a regular modem? Can i add more to have more
    > connections to the PSTN on the same computer?
    > After that i only need to get more ATAs to use as "braches" of my system?

    Read this excellent intro to voIP with Asterisk

    http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2003/07/03/asterisk.html

    and this "sequel" about adding POTS/PSTN connections

    http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2004/01/22/asterisk2.html

    and download one of the version of the docs here

    http://asteriskdocs.org/

    Another excellent guide

    http://www.automated.it/guidetoasterisk.htm

    The Wiki - updated constantly, this has content on every asterisk subject

    http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk

    Psychomation, May 14, 2004