    Bob B Guest

    Like a fool I have associated .gif files with 'quick time'. What is the
    normal default programme used with this file. Bob

    Bob B, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Bob B

    Dr. Bill Guest

    Bob B wrote:
    > Like a fool I have associated .gif files with 'quick time'. What is
    > the normal default programme used with this file. Bob

    In XP, like you apparantly use, you can choose IE (viewing) or even Paint
    (no animated gif's)
    The windows standard tools are very minimal, so get yourself a fine free
    photo viewer / editor /enhancer / converter on:
    http://www.irfanview.com/

    Dr. Bill, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Bob B

    Bob B Guest

    "Dr. Bill" <> wrote in message
    > Bob B wrote:
    > > Like a fool I have associated .gif files with 'quick time'. What is
    > > the normal default programme used with this file. Bob

    > In XP, like you apparantly use, you can choose IE (viewing) or even Paint
    > (no animated gif's)
    > The windows standard tools are very minimal, so get yourself a fine free
    > photo viewer / editor /enhancer / converter on:
    > http://www.irfanview.com/

    Sorry!!! Should have pointed out I have 98SE OS. Bob

    Bob B, Mar 4, 2004
  4. Bob B

    Plato Guest

    Bob B wrote:

    > Like a fool I have associated .gif files with 'quick time'. What is the
    > normal default programme used with this file. Bob

    One can associate .gifs with any picture viewer. Lots of folks just use
    IE tho.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Mar 4, 2004
  5. Bob B

    Bob B Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Bob B wrote:
    > >
    > > Like a fool I have associated .gif files with 'quick time'. What is the
    > > normal default programme used with this file. Bob

    > One can associate .gifs with any picture viewer. Lots of folks just use
    > IE tho.

    Thanks for the replies. Although IE is a bit basic it is still better than
    Quick Time . Bob

    Bob B, Mar 4, 2004
  6. Bob B

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Mar 4, 2004
  7. Bob B

    Dr. Bill Guest

    Bob B wrote:
    > "Dr. Bill" <> wrote in message
    >> Bob B wrote:
    >>> Like a fool I have associated .gif files with 'quick time'. What is
    >>> the normal default programme used with this file. Bob

    >> In XP, like you apparantly use, you can choose IE (viewing) or even
    >> Paint (no animated gif's)
    >> The windows standard tools are very minimal, so get yourself a fine

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Still stands, XP or 98SE or any win version.

    Dr. Bill, Mar 4, 2004
  8. Bob B

    Dr. Bill Guest

    °Mike° wrote:
    > IrfanView (free)
    > http://www.irfanview.com
    >
    > PhotoFiltre (free)
    > http://photofiltre.free.fr/utils/pf-setup-en.exe
    > Web site in French

    ^^^^^^
    French Frog website? No way!
    http://www.dwtoons.com/Top Secret/Regular images/color French Army.j
    pg

    Dr. Bill, Mar 4, 2004
  9. Howdy!

    "Bob B" <> wrote in message

    > "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > > Bob B wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Like a fool I have associated .gif files with 'quick time'. What is

    the
    > > > normal default programme used with this file. Bob

    > > One can associate .gifs with any picture viewer. Lots of folks just use
    > > IE tho.

    > Thanks for the replies. Although IE is a bit basic it is still better than
    > Quick Time . Bob

    And both are so far down in the mud compared to Irfanview (
    http://www.irfanview.com ) that it's not even funny.

    Try Irfanview - it can load and resize a picture before IE even does
    the "Wha? Someone wants me? Oh, crap, gotta wake up then" schtick <B-)

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Mar 5, 2004