    Any suggestions on the correct method for copying DVDs using Nero.....not
    illegal copies by the way.

    NZed

    NZed, Dec 28, 2003

  2. NZed

    Greg Guest

    you want to give us some kind of a clue as to what kind of a program error!

    NZed wrote:
    > I recently purchased a LG DVD burner...which on the specs can do everything
    > apart from make a cup of tea.
    >
    > I installed Nero v6 and tried to make a copy of a DVD I have.
    > As my CD reader cannot read the DVD ...I had to put it in the DVD drive.
    > I did a image save....did all that but came up with a program error when I
    > then tried to put in a blank DVD as requested....
    >
    > Any suggestions on the correct method for copying DVDs using Nero.....not
    > illegal copies by the way.
    >
    > NZed

    Try using DVD Decrtyper, I've made heaps of DVD's with that, although
    the problem has been with the lack of space when I encounter dual layer
    DVD's, but that's another story.

    Greg

    Greg, Dec 28, 2003

  3. NZed

    NZed Guest

    Thats my problem...the message comes up with a simple...message Program
    error !

    I have tried a reinstall with no luck.

    Thats why I thought I would check that I am doing it correctly...ie the
    procedure for copying a DVD.

    NZed

    NZed, Dec 28, 2003
  4. NZed

    Dumdedo Guest

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 23:13:05 +1300, "NZed" <> wrote:

    >I recently purchased a LG DVD burner...which on the specs can do everything
    >apart from make a cup of tea.
    >
    >I installed Nero v6 and tried to make a copy of a DVD I have.
    >As my CD reader cannot read the DVD ...I had to put it in the DVD drive.
    >I did a image save....did all that but came up with a program error when I
    >then tried to put in a blank DVD as requested....
    >
    >Any suggestions on the correct method for copying DVDs using Nero.....not
    >illegal copies by the way.
    >
    >NZed

    It can't copy Commercial DVD's as they are encrypted, the Xcopy from 321
    Studios might do it..

    http://www.321studios.com/

    Dumdedo, Dec 28, 2003
  5. NZed

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Greg wrote:

    > Try using DVD Decrtyper, I've made heaps of DVD's with that, although
    > the problem has been with the lack of space when I encounter dual
    > layer DVD's, but that's another story.

    I'll second the DVDDecrypter thing, although I usually use it for extracting
    the *.vob file for use by DrDivX as I don't have a DVD writer.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Dec 28, 2003
  6. NZed

    Lebowski Guest

    "NZed" <> wrote in message
    ......not
    > illegal copies by the way.

    You're trying to copy a dvd....which is most likely encrypted with copy
    protection. Of course, it's illegal!

    But then again....everyone's ripping these days

    Lebowski, Dec 28, 2003
  7. NZed

    -[Myth]- Guest

    On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:29:57 +1300, Dumdedo wrote:

    > On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 23:13:05 +1300, "NZed" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I recently purchased a LG DVD burner...which on the specs can do everything
    >>apart from make a cup of tea.
    >>
    >>I installed Nero v6 and tried to make a copy of a DVD I have.
    >>As my CD reader cannot read the DVD ...I had to put it in the DVD drive.
    >>I did a image save....did all that but came up with a program error when I
    >>then tried to put in a blank DVD as requested....
    >>
    >>Any suggestions on the correct method for copying DVDs using Nero.....not
    >>illegal copies by the way.
    >>
    >>NZed
    >>

    > It can't copy Commercial DVD's as they are encrypted, the Xcopy from 321
    > Studios might do it..
    >
    > http://www.321studios.com/

    from memory DVDdecryptor removes this encryption, as well as removing
    macrovision and other copy protections.

    -[Myth]-, Dec 29, 2003
  8. NZed

    Greg Guest

    yes, that's right

    Greg

    Greg, Dec 29, 2003
  9. In article <>,
    Dumdedo <> wrote:

    >It can't copy Commercial DVD's as they are encrypted...

    Note also that the encryption keys are stored in a special area of the
    DVD that the drive is only supposed to access using a challenge/response
    authentication system. Writable DVDs sold to the general public do not
    have any equivalent to this area, which is why you cannot make a
    sector-by-sector copy of an encrypted DVD onto a writable DVD--at least,
    not a copy that you can use.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Dec 31, 2003
  10. On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 00:06:09 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > Note also that the encryption keys are stored in a special area of the
    > DVD that the drive is only supposed to access using a challenge/response
    > authentication system.

    And it was an unencrypted key in one such disk which was the undoing of
    the CSS system.

    > Writable DVDs sold to the general public do not
    > have any equivalent to this area, which is why you cannot make a
    > sector-by-sector copy of an encrypted DVD onto a writable DVD--at least,
    > not a copy that you can use.

    CPU power is enough and the keys are widely enough known that this section can
    probably be dumped and still be decoded on the fly.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Dec 31, 2003