    to accomplish the required backups?

    Any guidance would be appreciated,

    Mary
    ECLiPSE 2002, May 31, 2004

  2. ECLiPSE 2002

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "ECLiPSE 2002" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I am a novice and would like to find background information on how and
    > what a Windows XP home edition user should backup.
    >
    > I have made CDs of all of My Documents folders and files but keep
    > reading warnings that one should backup other data on the hard drive.
    >
    > Are there inexpensive, user friendly backup utilities that one can get
    > to accomplish the required backups?
    >
    > Any guidance would be appreciated,
    >
    > Mary

    To me, one of the most important files is my Windows Address Book - easy to
    backup: copy from C:\Documents and Settings\(your_user_name)\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Address Book (you may have to go to folder options and tell
    your computer to display hidden folders and files). Also, I like to backup
    my "Favorites" folder. And check through all your programs that save data to
    be sure they aren't saving them somewhere you aren't expecting. For example,
    many versions of Corel Word Perfect save data files in C:\my files by
    default, instead of My Documents.
    Toolman Tim, May 31, 2004

  3. ECLiPSE 2002

    ECLiPSE 2002 Guest

    Many thanks to all responders for their assisatance.

    Mary

    ECLiPSE 2002, Jun 2, 2004