assist

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Frederick Rogers, Sep 7, 2005.

  1. Recently I have not been able to use the Internet Explorer browser. No
    matter what I do I get the following Cannot find Server: The page cannot be
    displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
    might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your
    browser settings.

    Please try the following:

    a.. Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

    b.. If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that
    it is spelled correctly.

    c.. To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and
    then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The
    settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN)
    administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
    d.. See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You
    can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover
    network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this
    setting).
    1.. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
    2.. On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
    3.. Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
    e.. Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help
    menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength
    security you have installed.
    f.. If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your
    Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click
    Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and
    check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
    g.. Click the Back button to try another link.

    Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Explorer

    I have done all tht is peoposed above includihg cleaning the
    cache,unchecking proxy settings etc.
    I can use Firefox and opera without any problem but IE just does NOT
    want to work. Any suggestions??

    Thanks in advance.

    FWR

    Frederick Rogers, Sep 7, 2005