    Kind regards

    --
    Matthias Scheler http://zhadum.org.uk/

    Matthias Scheler, Dec 21, 2009

  2. Matthias Scheler

    The Doctor Guest

    In article <hgo5m9$962$>,
    Matthias Scheler <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    >does Cisco IOS support assigning multiple IP addresses (out of
    >different subnets) to one ethernet interface respectively VLAN
    >(similar to what *BSD and Linux support)? I'm using IOS 12.4 on
    >an 877W in case that matters.
    >
    > Kind regards
    >
    >--
    >Matthias Scheler http://zhadum.org.uk/

    Usualy in 2500, 2600 and 3600 series you can declare your
    main IP

    ip 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

    And the rest as secondaries

    ip 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0 secondary .

    --
    Member - Liberal International This is Ici
    God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising!

    The Doctor, Dec 21, 2009

  3. Matthias Scheler

    Bob Goddard Guest

    Matthias Scheler wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > does Cisco IOS support assigning multiple IP addresses (out of
    > different subnets) to one ethernet interface respectively VLAN
    > (similar to what *BSD and Linux support)? I'm using IOS 12.4 on
    > an 877W in case that matters.

    Matthias, A&A have an IRC channel which you can get lots of help. There are
    a few folk there running 877W's.

    --
    http://www.mailtrap.org.uk/

    Bob Goddard, Dec 21, 2009
  4. Matthias Scheler

    Uli Link Guest

    Matthias Scheler schrieb:
    > Hello,
    >
    > does Cisco IOS support assigning multiple IP addresses (out of
    > different subnets) to one ethernet interface respectively VLAN
    > (similar to what *BSD and Linux support)? I'm using IOS 12.4 on
    > an 877W in case that matters.
    >
    > Kind regards

    Yes, you can assign a lot of IP addresses from different subnets as
    secondary IP addresses.

    It depends on the IOS Feature set how many VLAN you can bring up on a
    870 router. The Advancedsecurity package ony can 1 or 2 VLAN on the
    Fastethnert ports.

    --
    ULi

    Uli Link, Dec 21, 2009
  5. Matthias Scheler

    bod43 Guest

    On 21 Dec, 17:26, Bob Goddard <>
    wrote:
    > Matthias Scheler wrote:
    > > Hello,

    > > does Cisco IOS support assigning multiple IP addresses (out of
    > > different subnets) to one ethernet interface respectively VLAN
    > > (similar to what *BSD and Linux support)? I'm using IOS 12.4 on
    > > an 877W in case that matters.

    > Matthias, A&A have an IRC channel which you can get lots of help. There are
    > a few folk there running 877W's.

    What is A&A?

    bod43, Dec 22, 2009
  6. Matthias Scheler

    bod43 Guest

    On 21 Dec, 16:01, 2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
    > In article <hgo5m9$>,
    >
    > Matthias Scheler <> wrote:
    > >    Hello,

    > >does Cisco IOS support assigning multiple IP addresses (out of
    > >different subnets) to one ethernet interface respectively VLAN
    > >(similar to what *BSD and Linux support)? I'm using IOS 12.4 on
    > >an 877W in case that matters.

    > >    Kind regards

    > >--
    > >Matthias Scheler                                  http://zhadum.org.uk/

    > Usualy in 2500, 2600 and 3600 series you can declare your
    > main IP
    >
    > ip 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0
    >
    > And the rest as secondaries
    >
    > ip 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0 secondary .

    This works in every router IOS.

    You can have a lot of secondaries. Possibly, there
    are limits on the number of secondaries on some
    platforms.

    bod43, Dec 22, 2009
  7. Matthias Scheler

    Bob Goddard Guest

    bod43 wrote:

    > On 21 Dec, 17:26, Bob Goddard <>
    > wrote:
    >> Matthias Scheler wrote:
    >> > Hello,

    >> > does Cisco IOS support assigning multiple IP addresses (out of
    >> > different subnets) to one ethernet interface respectively VLAN
    >> > (similar to what *BSD and Linux support)? I'm using IOS 12.4 on
    >> > an 877W in case that matters.

    >> Matthias, A&A have an IRC channel which you can get lots of help. There
    >> are a few folk there running 877W's.

    > What is A&A?

    Andrews & Arnold, it's his very technically aware ISP.

    --
    http://www.mailtrap.org.uk/

    Bob Goddard, Dec 22, 2009
  8. In article <hgo642$6a6$>,
    2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) writes:
    > And the rest as secondaries
    >
    > ip 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0 secondary .

    Yes, that works like a charm.

    Thanks a lot

    --
    Matthias Scheler http://zhadum.org.uk/