    certified professionals to take assessments? Isn't this
    kind of like "Cart before the horse!". I'm not impressed.
    Does anyone else know anything about this trend?

    What Up Doc, Mar 22, 2005

  2. "What Up Doc" <> wrote in message
    news:020801c52f2b$73d53920$...
    > What's going on here? Why are companies now asking
    > certified professionals to take assessments? Isn't this
    > kind of like "Cart before the horse!". I'm not impressed.
    > Does anyone else know anything about this trend?

    I can't blame them -- lots of people have either fake certs and/or cheated
    on the exams. Haven't you ever interviewed someone who had a bunch of certs
    on the resume and couldn't back any of them up in the interview when asked
    some slightly more difficult questions?

    --
    Adam Machanic
    SQL Server MVP

    Adam Machanic, Mar 22, 2005

  3. What Up Doc

    P O ed Guest

    P O ed

    Assessments VS Certifications - BS

    I totally disagree with the statement "Assessments are
    harder to pass than Certifications".
    This is to general and easy a comment to make.

    There are 40 or 50 different assessments.
    Obviously depending on their complexity, some assessments
    can be quite difficult to pass.

    There are far more Certifications than there are
    Assessments, so you really can't compare them.
    I also think its wrong for companies to use Assessments to
    validate Certifications.
    We're talking "Apples and Oranges".

    However I do believe some questions are designed to
    promote failing answers.
    These questions are multiple choices, two and or three
    dimensional which require a guru to answer correctly.
    Also, your ultimate success or failure depending on how
    many of these types of questions are contained in your
    randomly generated questions.

    FYI:
    If you find the following text samples in any question
    then I believe the odds are you will fail this type of
    question, due to the incredible volume of possible wrong
    answers and only one possible right answer.

    TEXT SAMPLE A:
    (Select four.) out of a possible 6 to 12 choices.

    TEXT SAMPLE B:
    (Choose all that apply.) out of a possible 6 to 12 choices.

    TEXT SAMPLE c:
    Place your selections in the list on the left by clicking
    the items in the list on the right and clicking the arrow.
    You may not need to use all of the items from the list on
    the right.

    TEXT SAMPLE D:
    Place your selections in the list on the left by clicking
    the items in the list on the right and clicking the arrow.
    You can also use the up and down buttons to rearrange
    items in the list on the left.
    You may not need to use all of the items from the list on
    the right.

    TEXT SAMPLE E:
    Place your selections in the list on the left under the
    appropriate element by clicking the element,
    clicking the item from the list on the right, and then
    clicking the arrow.
    You may use items from the list on the right more than
    once, and you do not have to use each item from the list.

    Anyway, just my opinion.

    P O ed

    P O ed, Mar 22, 2005