    formatting for MCDST.
    Has anyone looked at them, and do you feel they are
    helpful? Are they similar to the test questions?
    Christy, Jun 10, 2004

  2. Christy

    Alex Guest

    >I have been taking the assessments on the Microsoft test
    >to get familiar with the types of questions & the
    >formatting for MCDST.
    >Has anyone looked at them, and do you feel they are
    >helpful? Are they similar to the test questions?

    I wasn't really impressed with it. I did the assessment
    for 272, and also a Measureup test. According to them, I
    would have failed miserably. I got brave and took the
    actual test and got 973/1000. I was one short of a
    perfect score (drat!) and I think I know which question I
    blew.

    The 272 test is new and rather eclectic (for lack of a
    better word), so maybe this isn't very representative.
    But even so, I remember Transcender tests as being closer
    to the real thing.

    The nice thing about the assessments, though, is they
    point you to articles to study. Unfortunately, the web
    page "times out" after a while so you lose the list.
    Alex, Jun 10, 2004

  3. I have been a net admin for 14 years and I did the ExamCram 2 assment
    (provided by Measureup). I also failed. There were a lot of 'put these in
    order but you don't have to use all of them." (This means you have to have
    the pull down menus memorized ofr everthing).

    Are these types of questions on the real exam? I found the other questions
    easy.

    --
    Shelby Meyer
    Meyer Computer Consulting

    Shelby Meyer \(A+, N+, iN+, CIW, MCSA\), Jun 11, 2004
  4. MCDST questions have a fixed format: The first paragraph starts with
    "You are a Desktop Support Technician" and then follows with a
    sentence or two describing the environment. The second and possibly
    third paragraph provides the problem statement. In the next section,
    you will provide your answer. Most are multiple choice but you may be
    asked to click on a displayed dialog box.
    --------------------
    I've used and recommend the practice tests from SelfTest. Go to
    www.selftestsoftware.com. They have the look and feel of the actual
    exams. Also, the questions are highly relevant.
    -------------------------

    Ron Carswell A+ N+ CTT+ MCSA MCSE CCNA MCDST, Jun 11, 2004
  5. Christy

    Christy M Guest

    Thanks all!

    Christy M, Jun 15, 2004
  6. I did the self test for 70-272 Exam Cram2 book and only missed 3 in the
    entire book. (100+ questions) Then I did the test on the CD and failed. I
    don't believe the test on CD is representative of the exam based on what I
    have heard from people in this group.

    The test on disk has a lot of questions where you drag and drop the various
    steps to perform a task and place them in order. They also throw in several
    extra ones that aren't used. I don't believe these type of questions are on
    the exam. I guess I will find out soon.

    Shelby Meyer \(A+, N+, iN+, CIW, MCSA\), Jun 16, 2004