Assemble .nzb post

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jerome, Jan 27, 2006.

  1. Jerome

    Jerome Guest

    Hello,
    I downloaded .nzb files for the first time.
    I've tried NewsBin ( reader I used to get them )
    It tells me I don't have a master splitter file.

    I tried Binary Boy, and since I didn't use that
    to get them ( or so it seems ) figuring out how
    to import, force in, get them, or whatever is not
    happening.

    The filenames came down with 3 extensions:

    ..NZB
    ..PAR2
    ..FLAC

    Am I way out of touch here?
    Any help will be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Jerome
    Jerome, Jan 27, 2006

  2. Jerome

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 00:46:12 GMT, Jerome wrote:

    >Hello,
    >I downloaded .nzb files for the first time.
    >I've tried NewsBin ( reader I used to get them )
    >It tells me I don't have a master splitter file.

    See the Help / FAQ / manual / forums
    http://www.newsbin.com/
    Support
    Contact Technical Support
    Tutorials and Documentation
    Find your News Server
    Discussions

    If it's master splitter as in -
    http://www.tomasoft.com/

    nzb is simply a list of the parts, d/l the nzb and launch it , the news
    reader should if it understands nzb :) like NewsBin and NewsLeecher
    (which I use) will download the rest of the parts.

    http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=nzb&Search=Search

    >.PAR2

    http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=par2&Search=Search

    You need QuickPar, verifies the files dowloaded without errors and can
    http://www.quickpar.org.uk/
    repair incomplete d/l's.

    >.FLAC

    A music file format, IIRC. However taking a wild guess.
    http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=flac&Search=Search

    >Am I way out of touch here?

    With what?

    Maybe , some of the above has been mentioned before, like this -

    try the news group.
    http://groups.google.com/group/news.software.readers

    >Any help will be appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Jerome

    Me
    why?, Jan 27, 2006

  3. "Jerome" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I tried Binary Boy, and since I didn't use that
    > to get them ( or so it seems ) figuring out how
    > to import, force in, get them, or whatever is not
    > happening.

    Open a search session and go to the Queue tab. Right-click and a menu will
    pop up. Click "Load from NZB". Find the file. Click the Progress tab.
    Click Go.

    --
    Find and download Usenet files while you sleep.
    http://www.binaryboy.com/
    Howard Swinehart, Jan 28, 2006
  4. Jerome

    zarathustra Guest

    "Jerome" <> gibbered:

    >Hello,
    >I downloaded .nzb files for the first time.
    >I've tried NewsBin ( reader I used to get them )
    >It tells me I don't have a master splitter file.

    Read all about NZBs from the boiz who invented the things:
    http://docs.newzbin.com/Newzbin:Basics

    Then get either the demo version of the awesome NewsLeecher or the
    full version of the equally-awesome but simpler-to-use 'NZB-O-Matic
    Plus'.
    http://www.newsleecher.com/
    http://www.bunnyhug.net/nomp/ (needs .NET framework v1.1 installed
    first)

    If you've got IRC, point your client towards irc.newzbin.com & /j
    #newzbin - we're happy to help/flame all newbies).

    Follow the above & soon you'll have a movie/music collection so large
    you'll run out of hours in the day & your gluteus will have turned to
    bubblegum. Enjoy!

    Newzbin: The New Black
    zarathustra, Jan 29, 2006
  5. Jerome