    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jul 25, 2008

  2. On Jul 25, 1:16 pm, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    > I've just been through the sites I have bookamrked and noneof them carry
    > Asrock anymore. (Some did in the last year.)
    >
    > Anyone know of a NZ PC store that carries them? In particular the Asrock
    > 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > --
    > Shaun.
    >
    > DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
    > offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
    > If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to
    > me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate... ;-)

    XP computers http://www.xpcomputers.co.nz/
    has a Asrock G-PRO SIS650 socket 478 AGP All in One Motherboard OEM
    and also a Asrock P4i65G Socket 478 for Intel Pentium 4 AGP OEM
    plus a scattering of Asutek brand boards - perhaps Asrock has
    rebranded?

    By the way the PC I asked your advice on works brilliantly now I have
    bought it
    Did have some issues with the graphics card though, Nvidia one wouldnt
    go at 1366x768

    Regards
    Peter Jenkins
    see http://www.sensiblesentencing.org.nz

    Peter Jenkins, Jul 25, 2008

  3. On Jul 25, 1:16 pm, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    > I've just been through the sites I have bookamrked and noneof them carry
    > Asrock anymore. (Some did in the last year.)
    >
    > Anyone know of a NZ PC store that carries them? In particular the Asrock
    > 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > --
    > Shaun.
    >
    > DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
    > offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
    > If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to
    > me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate... ;-)

    XP computers http://www.xpcomputers.co.nz/
    Have the Asrock G-PRO SIS650 socket 478 AGP All in One Motherboard OEM
    for $139 and the Asrock P4i65G Socket 478 for Intel Pentium 4 AGP OEM
    for the same price. They also have a scattering of Asustek boards -
    perhaps Asrock have rebranded?

    By the way I bought that computer on the strength of your advice and
    it goes brilliantly. Have had one or two issues with the graphics
    cards though, getting them to work reliably at 1366x768. All sorted
    now though

    Peter Jenkins, Jul 25, 2008

    Peter Jenkins, Jul 25, 2008
  5. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "Peter Jenkins" typed:
    > On Jul 25, 1:16 pm, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    >> I've just been through the sites I have bookamrked and noneof them
    >> carry Asrock anymore. (Some did in the last year.)
    >>
    >> Anyone know of a NZ PC store that carries them? In particular the
    >> Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0?
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> --
    >> Shaun.
    >>
    >> DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
    >> offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
    >> If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to
    >> me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate... ;-)

    > XP computers http://www.xpcomputers.co.nz/
    > Have the Asrock G-PRO SIS650 socket 478 AGP All in One Motherboard OEM
    > for $139 and the Asrock P4i65G Socket 478 for Intel Pentium 4 AGP OEM
    > for the same price. They also have a scattering of Asustek boards -
    > perhaps Asrock have rebranded?

    It's my understanding that AsusTEK make both Asus and Asrock motherboards.
    That they saw a market for cheap'n cheerful motherboards but didn't want to
    'devalue' the Asus brand to take advantage of the niche. Hence Asrock was
    born. (I could be wrong, I'm going by hearsay, I've not looked into it or
    verified it)

    > By the way I bought that computer on the strength of your advice and
    > it goes brilliantly.

    Wicked! I'm pleased to hear it.

    > Have had one or two issues with the graphics
    > cards though, getting them to work reliably at 1366x768. All sorted
    > now though

    Cool. Yeah, 1366x768 is a non-standard PC resolution although it's very
    common with TV panels.

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jul 25, 2008
  6. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "Nighthawk" typed:
    > On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:16:14 +1200, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I've just been through the sites I have bookamrked and noneof them
    >> carry Asrock anymore. (Some did in the last year.)
    >>
    >> Anyone know of a NZ PC store that carries them? In particular the
    >> Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0?
    >>
    >> Cheers,

    > http://www.pricespy.co.nz/search.php?q=asrock&sc=Motherboard_6

    Thanks. No listing for the particular board I want and I've had nothing but
    trouble with anything I've tried to get through Pricespy. Could be just the
    luck of the draw but, IME, a lot of the stuff listed isn't stocked anymore.
    I'm not sure if it's Pricespy or the dealers who don't update their info
    often enough. Then again, I've only used them to try to get stuff that I
    can't get through my normal channels.

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jul 25, 2008
  7. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "thingy" typed:
    > thingy wrote:
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>> I've just been through the sites I have bookamrked and noneof them
    >>> carry Asrock anymore. (Some did in the last year.)
    >>>
    >>> Anyone know of a NZ PC store that carries them? In particular the
    >>> Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0?
    >>>
    >>> Cheers,

    >> Last time I looked I was stuck with OZ, or having to buy at least
    >> 5....

    Ehhh! Bugger that.

    >> BTW, why?

    > oh ok....its AGP and pci-e....

    Yup. That's and the fact that they'll take DDR or DDR2 so I can recycle my
    old DDR RAM/AGP cards with a more efficient CPU. :)

    >I dont think its a "real" agp but a
    > pseudo one from what I could read, still who cares if it works.

    Indeed.

    > Do they still make these?

    I think so. They're still listed on Asrock's site and I get a lot of sites
    overseas selling them if I Google. Also, a guy's looking at buying one and
    is asking in alt.comp.hardware.overclocking about peformance (and I 'know' a
    guy from newsgroups who bought one not so long ago and has a dual-core
    Pentium overclocked in it).

    > like I said, I tried for the AMD AM2 version
    > and failed....
    >
    > Trademe?

    Yeah, it's not that important, I just got to thinking (after seeing the post
    in ACHO) about maybe getting one, a cheap Pentium dual core CPU and perhaps
    making a saleable PC out of some of my spares. It'd probably end up
    uneconomical though.

    Mainly wondered why Asrock seem to have vanished from about four dealer's
    sites where I've previously seen them for sale.

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jul 25, 2008
  8. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "Rex Havoc" typed:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> I've just been through the sites I have bookamrked and noneof them
    >> carry Asrock anymore. (Some did in the last year.)
    >>
    >> Anyone know of a NZ PC store that carries them? In particular the
    >> Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0?
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> --
    >> Shaun.

    > Hi Shaun
    >
    > Asrock is still available from the NZ wholesaler but not the model
    > you're after.

    Ok, handy to know, thanks.

    > We dont list them anymore because the support we get from said
    > supplier was substandard at best. Probably the same reason others
    > have dropped the brand?

    Hmmm, that could explain it.

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jul 25, 2008
  9. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "Nighthawk" typed:
    > On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 13:14:44 +1200, thingy <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>> Somewhere on teh intarweb "thingy" typed:

    >>> Ehhh! Bugger that.

    >>> Yup. That's and the fact that they'll take DDR or DDR2 so I can
    >>> recycle my old DDR RAM/AGP cards with a more efficient CPU. :)

    >>> Indeed.

    >>> I think so. They're still listed on Asrock's site and I get a lot
    >>> of sites overseas selling them if I Google. Also, a guy's looking
    >>> at buying one and is asking in alt.comp.hardware.overclocking about
    >>> peformance (and I 'know' a guy from newsgroups who bought one not
    >>> so long ago and has a dual-core Pentium overclocked in it).

    >>> Yeah, it's not that important, I just got to thinking (after seeing
    >>> the post in ACHO) about maybe getting one, a cheap Pentium dual
    >>> core CPU and perhaps making a saleable PC out of some of my spares.
    >>> It'd probably end up uneconomical though.
    >>>
    >>> Mainly wondered why Asrock seem to have vanished from about four
    >>> dealer's sites where I've previously seen them for sale.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers,

    >> At one stage asrock was a value motherboard brand of Asus? I assume
    >> their market is not too good, Abit is struggling, yet abit was ahot
    >> motherboard maker a few years back....Asreock I seem to recall did
    >> "odd" things like agp and pci-e sloted motherboards...which made them
    >> interesting to consider....from the website the pci-e is not a 16 bit
    >> though...it was almsot like Asus used them as a sounding board for
    >> ideas.
    >>

    > My present and previous ASRock mobos are 'bridge' mobos with slots for
    > SDRAM and DDR RAM.

    Yeah, that's the sort of thing I look for in an Asrock board. Oddball stuff,
    usually stable as well.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jul 26, 2008