    first (both chips have tested OK alone... don't wan't to waste hours testing
    if I don't need to).

    Most thoughts appreciated.

    Jess Fertudei, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Jess Fertudei

    Plato Guest

    Jess Fertudei wrote:

    > I'm guessing I need to run the 512 in the first slot if I can... if it's not
    > gonna work out, would memtest86 v3.1 catch any issues if I boot to that
    > first (both chips have tested OK alone... don't wan't to waste hours testing
    > if I don't need to).

    ram testers test ram. They dont test if one stick can sleep with another
    stick.

    Plato, Oct 20, 2004

  3. "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Jess Fertudei wrote:
    > >
    > > I'm guessing I need to run the 512 in the first slot if I can... if it's

    not
    > > gonna work out, would memtest86 v3.1 catch any issues if I boot to that
    > > first (both chips have tested OK alone... don't wan't to waste hours

    testing
    > > if I don't need to).

    > ram testers test ram. They dont test if one stick can sleep with another
    > stick.

    Thanks... that's what I kind of figured. They both run OK on their own...
    I'll just have to stick them in there and see what happens.

    By the way... what is it that I need to edit in my 98SE partition to get it
    to run OK with the 512 or 768 Megs? I don't use it a lot, but I do from time
    to time and it now runs slower than heck. XP seems very happy witht the new
    board and doubled RAM.

    Jess Fertudei, Oct 20, 2004