    ___Sador the carpenter to Turin
    Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

    Ellis_Jay

    ellis_jay, Jun 14, 2006

  2. ellis_jay wrote:

    > I will email Asquared forthwith--is that a word?

    I think it's "forthwooth".

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 14, 2006

  3. ellis_jay

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 22:05:43 -0400, Rôgêr wrote:

    > ellis_jay wrote:
    >
    >> I will email Asquared forthwith--is that a word?

    > I think it's "forthwooth".

    Forthwith:

    As quickly as reasonably possible. When a thing is to be done forthwith,
    it seems that it must be performed as soon as by reasonable exertion,
    confined to that object, it may be done.

    Meat Plow, Jun 14, 2006
  4. ellis_jay

    beenthere Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 22:05:43 -0400, Rôgêr wrote:
    >
    >> ellis_jay wrote:
    >>
    >>> I will email Asquared forthwith--is that a word?

    >> I think it's "forthwooth".

    > Forthwith:
    >
    > As quickly as reasonably possible. When a thing is to be done forthwith,
    > it seems that it must be performed as soon as by reasonable exertion,
    > confined to that object, it may be done.

    And Fifthwith I believe is the day after <g>.

    beenthere, Jun 14, 2006
  5. ellis_jay

    ellis_jay Guest

    beenthere wrote:
    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> I think it's "forthwooth".

    >> Forthwith:
    >>
    >> As quickly as reasonably possible. When a thing is to be done
    >> forthwith, it seems that it must be performed as soon as by
    >> reasonable exertion, confined to that object, it may be done.
    >>

    > And Fifthwith I believe is the day after <g>.

    Now THAT blows my mind. I thought Fifthwith was a kind of Brandy with gold
    flakes in it. Hmm...the things one learns on Usenet..

    ellis_jay, Jun 14, 2006
  6. ellis_jay

    ellis_jay Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > ellis_jay wrote:
    >
    >> I will email Asquared forthwith--is that a word?

    > I think it's "forthwooth".

    Huh? Isn't That a hamlet down the road from Dallas, Texas?

    ellis_jay, Jun 14, 2006