    incompatibility. Is there a ASPi 64-bit drivers available?

    Or, as it's not really needed, how can I easily remove them?

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?R2lzIEJ1bg==?=, Oct 25, 2007

  2. Gis Bun,
    Here you have some leads to your question.
    MS says (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/182542/en-us) "ASPI is not
    supported by Microsoft for all versions of Windows"
    "To download the ASPI for Win32, visit the following Web site:
    http://www.adaptec.com (http://www.adaptec.com)"
    If you go there:
    http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/support/scsi_soft/ASPI/ASPI-4.70/
    XP x64 is not in the supported OS's.

    I can't answer your question about the ASPI thing being necessary or not.
    If you want to ged rid of the error message use regedit (at your own
    risk!!!) to eliminate the entry calling for aspi32.sys
    It is not being loaded anyway.

    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 25, 2007

  3. Hi Carlos,,

    I figured as much. It seems a package we use installs ASPI drivers without
    checking if it's a 32-bit or 64-bit OS.

    Gis

    =?Utf-8?B?R2lzIEJ1bg==?=, Oct 26, 2007
  4. I tried removing drivers that weren't loaded, removing them caused problems.

    Advice: Better not remove those kind of drivers ! ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 27, 2007
  5. Skybuck Flying.....