    month, today even that wont help (complete restoration of my image file,
    reboot and.... BSOD).

    What can i do?

    =?Utf-8?B?bG9zdHdvcmQ=?=, Jan 21, 2007

  2. grrrr ACPI ;)

    =?Utf-8?B?bG9zdHdvcmQ=?=, Jan 21, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?bG9zdHdvcmQ=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Do you get any more of an error message that you list? Could you be more
    specific about the steps the computer goes thru before the BSOD. When you
    get to the Windows boot option screen F8 I assume, when you selected safe
    mode did you get a ways thru the driver installation before you got the BSOD
    and can you remember the last entries shown. Since CAPE is the computer
    power management, have you tried flashing the BIOS and then try disabling
    the CAPE support and see if either of these changes your results.

    John Barnes, Jan 22, 2007
  4. Its the same error over and over again:
    "The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant..."
    Its a stop error of 0x000000A5 (if that helps).

    When i start X64 in regular mode the BSOD appear right after the XP logo
    shows up (not even a second after), in safe mode the BSOD appear when it
    reaches the line "acpitabl.dat"

    Sorry, can you please explain what CAPE is? no i didn't flashed the bios, i
    really doubt its a bios problem since i have another computer with the same
    configuration and was purchased at the same time and it runs fine.

    If ill have no other choice then i guess flashing the bios is something i
    would do, my mobo is Intel D915PGN

    Thanks a lot for trying to help

    =?Utf-8?B?bG9zdHdvcmQ=?=, Jan 22, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?bG9zdHdvcmQ=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Sorry I meant ACPI but the spell check offered CAPE and I hit the accept
    instead of ignore. As to flashing the BIOS, you say you are getting the
    same problem with your backup. If it is the same one that worked before,
    that often would indicate that something in the hardware has changed. Since
    ACPI communicates minimally with the BIOS if it is also reloaded would
    eliminate a change in it. Small electrical surges can do strange things. I
    would first make sure that ACPI is disabled in the BIOS as you have said, it
    is not a compliant BIOS. acpitabl.dat is something I have only had with
    some hardware change.
    Check this and good luck.
    http://search.support.microsoft.com...0&res=20&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&ast=4&mode=a&adv=1

    John Barnes, Jan 22, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?bG9zdHdvcmQ=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    >I have a backup image with acronis which i used last time i had this
    >problem
    >(used my DOK with acroni's boot files) and windows ran fine for about a
    >month.

    If it worked before and not now, something has changed with your BIOS or
    hardware that needs to be corrected. For most flashing the BIOS is
    relatively easy and worth a try, but maybe not the most likely. You
    probably have an image of your other system, and you could try to run with
    it. If you want to assume that because you have two identical machines,
    both are still identical, your choice. Everything you have said leans
    toward hardware.
    Good luck.

    John Barnes, Jan 22, 2007