  1. While i create a new project in .Net 2003 if i want to make a web application
    then what location should i store it in? in wwroot folder?i tried to do that
    but its not working.plz help me......how do i start making a web application?

    =?Utf-8?B?U21pbGU=?=, Apr 24, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U21pbGU=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Hi,

    By default, all the ASP.NET projects are created in the
    C:\Inetpub\wwwroot directory.

    The solution file (.sln) is created the C:\Documents and
    Settings\<UserName>\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects directory.

    So, you can create a project at http://localhost/MySolutionName

    HTH,

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.

    Cerebrus, Apr 24, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?U21pbGU=?=

    Jim Nugent Guest

    Note: Followup set to microsoft.vstudio.general

    In news:,
    Smile <> wrote:
    > While i create a new project in .Net 2003 if i want to make a web
    > application then what location should i store it in? in wwroot
    > folder?i tried to do that but its not working.plz help me......how do
    > i start making a web application?

    IIS Web service should be running on your computer when you create the
    project. From VS.Net select file->new->project, choose your laguage, then
    choose ASP.NET Web Application. It will ask for a folder for project files
    (I like to use My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\...) and when it creates
    the project it will automatically create a virtual directory in IIS with all
    the correct settings. If you called your project "Foo," once you have it
    running you can start IE and enter http://localhost/Foo/ to run it.
    HTH,
    --
    Jim
    "Remember, an amateur built the Ark; professionals built the Titanic."

    Jim Nugent, May 22, 2006