asp.net send/get parameters

Discussion in 'Software' started by Serdar Osman Onur, Aug 7, 2008.

  1. Serdar Osman Onur

    Serdar Osman Onur

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2007
    Messages:
    5
    Hi all,
    i am trying to send the value of:

    <input id="myText" style="width:100px ;height:12px ;font-size: x-small" type="text" name="valueText" runat="server" />

    from frame1.aspx to frame2.aspx.

    I am using an input like this:

    <input type="submit" value="btn" name="S1" onclick="javascript: parent.left.location.replace('frame2.aspx')"/>

    to submit the value from frame1.aspx to frame2.aspx.

    on frame1 form is defined as

    <form id="form1" method="get" action="frame2.aspx" runat="server">

    having defined the action and method on frame1's form, i think i should be able to get the value of "valueText" in codebehind file(frame2.aspx.vb) with -> Request.QueryString("valueText") during the Page_Load but i can't.

    what i am trying to do is from frame1.aspx redirect to frame2.aspx in another frame, send the value of "valueText" from frame1 to frame2 and use this "valueText" during the Page_Load of frame2. i don't know what i am doing wrong here. I don't know if i cannot send or retrieve the value.all i know is i just can not get "valueText" on Page_Load of frame2.javascript does the redirection job well but no "valueText" value sent to frame2. I have been trying this for 2 days now still no success. please help..!:-(
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
    Serdar Osman Onur, Aug 7, 2008

  2. Serdar Osman Onur

    Serdar Osman Onur

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2007
    Messages:
    5
    I also tried using an anchor to redirect to a page in another frame and get the value of text value in fame2.no luck.

    in frame1.aspx:

    in frame2.aspx.vb:

    a = Page.Request("txt")
    a = Page.Request.Params("txt")
    a = Me.Request("txt")
    a = Me.Request.Params(1)
    a = Me.Request.Params("txt")
    a = Me.Request.QueryString("txt")
    a = Request.QueryString("txt")
    a = Request.Item("txt")
    a = Request.ServerVariables("txt")

    non worked.

    :(
    Serdar Osman Onur, Aug 7, 2008

  3. Serdar Osman Onur

    Serdar Osman Onur

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2007
    Messages:
    5
    thanks HomerJ. I have already solved my problem.
    Serdar Osman Onur, Aug 8, 2008