ASP.Net Project Structure Question

Discussion in 'Software' started by koraykazgan, Aug 10, 2007.

  1. koraykazgan

    koraykazgan

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2007
    Messages:
    5
    Hi all,

    I am developing an ASP.Net 2.0 Web Application. I have used an n-tier project structure. So I have a class library for all my entities in the project. In here I have classes with properties. This classes just are storing the data. No operation is made. Also I have put my custom exceptions classes in this entities project.

    Then I have another class library called data. Data references the entities.dll. then I have a business project, which is again a class library. This references to entities.dll and data.dll. This project is doing the necessary business operations.

    And last but not least I have a Web Application, which is referencing to all of the projects. I am using localization in my project. Therefore I have resource files in App_GlobalResources and App_LocalResources folders.

    The only problem is with my exceptions, which I cannot localize. Every exception is deriving from System.Exception. I have a constant string in my customException class. And in the constructor without parameters, I just pass that string to the base constructor as parameter. So that string is displayed as exception message.

    But because the exceptions are in entities.dll and my resource files are in the web application, I cant acces the resources.

    So the question is: Which kind of object is an exception? Is it an entity? Maybe a business object? But in either case I can't localize them. The only option is to put them in the web app. But is this logical? I don't know.

    So, I just would like to see what other people think about that.
    Thanks for help,

    Bye...
    koraykazgan, Aug 10, 2007