    and AVG.)

    "I Fear no virus, because I have Symantec- Something worse!"

    Thanks for comments about the ASP thing.

    Joe Clueless, User and Failure, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Go to; Start --> settings --> control panel --> users and passwords --> advanced -->
    advanced --> users --> Disable the ASPNET account

    Dave

    David H. Lipman, Jan 25, 2004

  3. On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 00:49:13 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
    <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

    >Go to; Start --> settings --> control panel --> users and passwords --> advanced -->
    >advanced --> users --> Disable the ASPNET account

    Thank you for the fast answer.
    Any thoughts as to how it got there? Are any ASP apps used in packaged
    scumware or any drive-by installations? I see a bunch of calls to
    tribalfusion in the router logs...something we never use, never want,
    etc.

    Thanks!

    Joe Clueless, User and Failure, Jan 25, 2004
  4. Joe Clueless, User and Failure

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Why would ASP.NET show up as a logged on user?
    > My wife had tried an online virus scan, and a few other things, and is
    > freaked about this new "User" that seems to be slowing the machine
    > down.
    > She was unprotected for a couple of weeks after a WXP upgrade, which
    > broke all the Symantec stuff she was running. Hence the concern.
    > (Still cannot install NAV or firewall because of embedded programs
    > that cannot be remove despite RNAV /RSYM, etc., so it's back to ZAP
    > and AVG.)
    >
    > "I Fear no virus, because I have Symantec- Something worse!"

    Unless you are developing .Net apps you don't need the .Net framework
    installed on your system. Uninstall it if you don't need it - it was
    part of the Windows Update package if you selected everything when you
    run it.

    Also, the .Net Framework always uses a user account (part of the IIS
    stuff) so that you can apply security permissions to it.

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    Leythos, Jan 25, 2004
  5. It is from Microsoft .NET Framework. Maybe there is a vulnerability that they are
    exploiting.

    David H. Lipman, Jan 25, 2004