asp.net - Client side script not recognized for the usercontrol

Discussion in 'Software' started by sara_23apr, Sep 17, 2006.

1. sara_23apr

sara_23apr

Hello Everybody

I have a date text box im my asp.net page, I am using regular expression validator to enter the date in the format dd-mm-yyyy .

on blur event of the textbox (i am explicitly calling that onblur event in page load.) i am calling javascript to change the format of date to dd-MMM-yyyy

(i.e the user enter 01/01/2006....onblur it is changed to 01/Jan/2006)

This is working fine in page level.

But I want to create a "user control" for this . I created same thing using user control. But it is not working.

In load event of the user control , i used this script tag to recognize the javascript.

Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(Me.GetType(), "MyScript", "document.getElementById('Me.ChosenDate.ClientID').value = str2", True)

But it is not working. It does not give error but does not work either :-(

I also tried to create a .js file and call it in Page load....even this did not help
    Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(Me.GetType(), "MyScript", "datecode.js", True)

Please help

Have a great day ahead
    Regards
    Sara
    sara_23apr, Sep 17, 2006
    1. Advertising

2. sara_23apr

Raja

Dear Sara,

If ur using Server Controls in the user control then just try this Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(Me.Get Type(), "MyScript", "document.all['Me.ChosenDate.ClientID').value = str2", True)

if this doesnot work out

in the load event of the use control u need to add a attribute "onblure" key to the text box of the user control with the value as javascript function that u used for the first ( "on blur event of the textbox (i am explicitly calling that onblur event in page load.) i am calling javascript to change the format of date to dd-MMM-yyyy ")

hope u solve ur problem.

Regards.
    Raja
    Raja, Sep 27, 2006
    1. Advertising