ASP.Net Call To ashx

Discussion in 'Software' started by Caroline_Holt, Feb 17, 2011.

  1. Caroline_Holt

    Caroline_Holt

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Apart from using Response.Redirect, is there another way to call a handler (ashx) in my code behind?

    Working code:
    Response.Redirect("/FileDownloader.ashx?mmResultFile=C:\AcademyDev\MMResults\STAF\StaffTemplate1_20110217124120.doc")

    FileDownloader opens a file e.g. a Word document.

    What I'm trying to do is:
    - at the end of a process running from aspx code behind
    - redirect to another screen (Audit Log)
    - open a word document

    I've added a web service.
    In the document_ready in jquery for the Audit Log screen I'm calling code in the web service.
    This then trys to response.redirect to FileDownloader.ashx but nothing happens.
    So I'm wonderign if it's the call to reposnse.redirect that's the issue - trying to redirect somewhere just as the page gets to the client. SO I'm looking for another way to call the ashx.

    Thank you
    Caroline_Holt, Feb 17, 2011

  2. Caroline_Holt

    desh deepak shukla