Asp.net 2.0 using cache

Discussion in 'Software' started by dipakprodhan, Mar 15, 2009.

  1. dipakprodhan

    dipakprodhan

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hi Guys,
    I have round 10,000 records in my database, how can I show these records in a GridView using paging concept [suppose 20 records at a time] and also data might get changed frequently at backend. Then how to achieve this with minimum amount of database hit? [Application cannot change any record in the cached dataset i.e. data can only be modified in the database directly and not from the GridView.]
    For my clarification:-

    - Can i update my cached dataset, if there is any change in database? so that round trip from the web server can be minimized in this way?

    - Should i use some thing like xml or text file for cache based dependency?

    - Should i use some thing like NCache?

    - Any technique other than SQL Server Cache Invalidation.

    Thanks in advance.

    Dipak
    dipakprodhan, Mar 15, 2009