    Thanks to you all for any help you can give me or your welcome if I happened
    to help someone else by accident lol.

    Montkim
    Montkim, Jul 20, 2009

  2. "Montkim" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there any specific process for asking questions about puter problems?

    1. Ask in the correct forum.

    2. Include background information on the configuration of the computer with
    the problem.

    3. Describe *exactly* what the problem is, how it's created, steps to
    reproduce the problem.

    4. Describe *everything* that you've done to attempt to solve the problem.

    Oh, and, did I mention:

    Ask in the correct forum.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Jul 20, 2009

  3. Montkim

    Montkim Guest

    Thanks Lawrence;

    Like I said being almost puter illiterate....what do you mean by the
    "correct forum"

    Montkim, Jul 20, 2009
  4. Montkim

    John R Guest

    "Montkim" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks Lawrence;
    >
    > Like I said being almost puter illiterate....what do you mean by the
    > "correct forum"

    Well, this group is microsoft.public.certification. The operative word
    there is 'certification'. If you have a question about Microsoft
    certifications that isn't specifically addressed by some other newsgroup,
    this would be the place.

    Other groups on this news server include....

    microsoft.public.outlook
    microsoft.public.outlookexpressgeneral
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely

    This is just a small sample. Depending on your newsgroup reader, there are
    various ways to see all of the groups available on any particular server.
    You should find the group that most closely matches whatever your issue is,
    and start with that group.

    And, (please don't take this the wrong way), you'll find that you'll get the
    most help if you follow all of Lawrence's advice, and if you post in plain
    english and avoid slang or 'cute' sayings like "puter". The people who post
    on all of these forums understand that not everyone is a computer expert,
    and it is much easier to offer assistance when they know exactly what you
    are saying. If you say "puter", one might point you to something like
    alt.public.figurines.

    Good Luck to you.

    John R
    John R, Jul 20, 2009