    be as stupid competing with them as they have Directv

    Adelphia $54 - month with less channels, in my area.
    Directv $40 - but no affordable internet solution

    AL Capone, Oct 18, 2003

  2. AL Capone

    Gio Guest

    "AL Capone" <> wrote in message
    news:181020030232459307%...
    > When my internet service does not work as good as it should I call in
    > and complain to tech support. they make a note of it. When it gets
    > better i call back in and ask for a credit for the time it did not work
    > up to par. They have always give me the credit. i have turned $86 a
    > month into $51 a month sometimes. This shit is expensive, when you
    > don't get what you are paying for quit - call for your credits. If they
    > loose enough money, either someone will buy them out or they will make
    > the service better.
    >
    > I hope one day they have competition in my area, but they probally will
    > be as stupid competing with them as they have Directv
    >
    > Adelphia $54 - month with less channels, in my area.
    > Directv $40 - but no affordable internet solution

    Holy Crap!
    I pay $29.00 a month CDN ( $22.00 USD ) for 24/7 ADSL unlimited usage, d/l
    a gazillion gigs a month if you want with unlimited news server access, post
    etc with excellent service to boot! (And they credit you without you having
    to ask if they ever are down for any lenght of time which is extremely
    rare)And I thought 29 bucks was alot... whoa......and you are on cable?
    Yikes.

    Gio, Oct 18, 2003

  3. AL Capone

    TRADESMAN Guest

    AL Capone wrote:
    > When my internet service does not work as good as it should I call in
    > and complain to tech support. they make a note of it. When it gets
    > better i call back in and ask for a credit for the time it did not
    > work up to par. They have always give me the credit. i have turned
    > $86 a month into $51 a month sometimes. This shit is expensive, when
    > you don't get what you are paying for quit - call for your credits.
    > If they loose enough money, either someone will buy them out or they
    > will make the service better.
    >
    > I hope one day they have competition in my area, but they probally
    > will be as stupid competing with them as they have Directv
    >
    > Adelphia $54 - month with less channels, in my area.
    > Directv $40 - but no affordable internet solution

    One problem..most ISPs charge a premium rate for technical support and keep
    you on the line for hours. Any rebate you might get would be swallowed up
    and more!!

    TRADESMAN, Oct 18, 2003
  4. AL Capone

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Gio continued:

    > "AL Capone" <> wrote in message
    >> When my internet service does not work as good as it should I call in
    >> and complain to tech support. they make a note of it. When it gets
    >> better i call back in and ask for a credit for the time it did not
    >> work up to par. They have always give me the credit. i have turned
    >> $86 a month into $51 a month sometimes. This shit is expensive, when
    >> you don't get what you are paying for quit - call for your credits.
    >> If they loose enough money, either someone will buy them out or they
    >> will make the service better.
    >>
    >> I hope one day they have competition in my area, but they probally
    >> will be as stupid competing with them as they have Directv
    >>
    >> Adelphia $54 - month with less channels, in my area.
    >> Directv $40 - but no affordable internet solution

    > Holy Crap!
    > I pay $29.00 a month CDN ( $22.00 USD ) for 24/7 ADSL unlimited
    > usage, d/l a gazillion gigs a month if you want with unlimited news
    > server access, post etc with excellent service to boot! (And they
    > credit you without you having to ask if they ever are down for any
    > lenght of time which is extremely rare)And I thought 29 bucks was
    > alot... whoa......and you are on cable? Yikes.

    I pay £22.50 (around $33 ?) a month for a similar service and my ISP
    give full advance warning of any downtime, are very resposive, refuse to
    keep you holding at 50p a minute and call you back to save you money.
    And they speak English on the phone, have offices actually within the UK
    and do not route your calls through Calcutta, Karachi or Jaipur.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Oct 18, 2003
  5. It was on Sat, 18 Oct 2003 11:34:17 +0100, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that slumpy made this utterance:

    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Gio continued:
    >
    >> "AL Capone" <> wrote in message
    >>> When my internet service does not work as good as it should I call in
    >>> and complain to tech support. they make a note of it. When it gets
    >>> better i call back in and ask for a credit for the time it did not work
    >>> up to par. They have always give me the credit. i have turned $86 a
    >>> month into $51 a month sometimes. This shit is expensive, when you
    >>> don't get what you are paying for quit - call for your credits. If they
    >>> loose enough money, either someone will buy them out or they will make
    >>> the service better.
    >>>
    >>> I hope one day they have competition in my area, but they probally will
    >>> be as stupid competing with them as they have Directv
    >>>
    >>> Adelphia $54 - month with less channels, in my area. Directv $40 - but
    >>> no affordable internet solution

    >> Holy Crap!
    >> I pay $29.00 a month CDN ( $22.00 USD ) for 24/7 ADSL unlimited usage,
    >> d/l a gazillion gigs a month if you want with unlimited news server
    >> access, post etc with excellent service to boot! (And they credit you
    >> without you having to ask if they ever are down for any lenght of time
    >> which is extremely rare)And I thought 29 bucks was alot... whoa......and
    >> you are on cable? Yikes.

    > I pay £22.50 (around $33 ?) a month for a similar service and my ISP give
    > full advance warning of any downtime, are very resposive, refuse to keep
    > you holding at 50p a minute and call you back to save you money. And they
    > speak English on the phone, have offices actually within the UK and do not
    > route your calls through Calcutta, Karachi or Jaipur.

    Hmm...sounds similar to my ISP! There is also a forum too, which is handy
    at times. :)

    William Poaster, Oct 18, 2003
  6. AL Capone

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as William Poaster
    continued:

    >> I pay £22.50 (around $33 ?) a month for a similar service and my ISP
    >> give full advance warning of any downtime, are very resposive,
    >> refuse to keep you holding at 50p a minute and call you back to save
    >> you money. And they speak English on the phone, have offices
    >> actually within the UK and do not route your calls through Calcutta,
    >> Karachi or Jaipur.

    > Hmm...sounds similar to my ISP! There is also a forum too, which is
    > handy at times. :)

    Mine too. Small company with people you can actually /talk/ to,
    affordable tarriffs (various broadband, 6 I think), and it was
    recommended to me by their first residential customer - oh, and static
    IP's for £2 a month :)
    --
    slumpy
    no more