    than even those eBay auctions if you were interested in a couple complete
    series and went right to the source?

    Thanks

    TheCollector, Jul 17, 2004

  2. TheCollector

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "TheCollector" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns952984DA89EA2namenotgivencom@24.66.94.159...
    > I have notice a large number of sellers on eBay listing extremely

    cheap DVD
    > box sets that are supposed to be region free, all shipped direct from

    Asia.
    > I was wondering if anyone had a line on a distributor/seller for

    these,
    > because I would have to imagine you would be able to work out a better

    deal
    > than even those eBay auctions if you were interested in a couple

    complete
    > series and went right to the source?

    They're bootlegs. The "distributor" is some guy in a basement cranking
    out copies on his DVD burner.

    Joshua Zyber, Jul 19, 2004

  3. TheCollector

    SRT Guest

    "TheCollector" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have notice a large number of sellers on eBay listing extremely cheap

    DVD
    > box sets that are supposed to be region free, all shipped direct from

    Asia.
    > I was wondering if anyone had a line on a distributor/seller for these,
    > because I would have to imagine you would be able to work out a better

    deal
    > than even those eBay auctions if you were interested in a couple complete
    > series and went right to the source?
    >
    > Thanks

    They are junk, garbage, crappola, a ripoff, etc . . . Don't waste your
    money. Why do you think they are allowed to list the items on eCrooks'r'Us
    (aka eBay), the internet HAVEN for crooks and scam artists!

    srt

    SRT, Jul 25, 2004
  4. In article <%lEKc.3305$>,
    "Joshua Zyber" <> wrote:

    > "TheCollector" <> wrote in message
    > > I have notice a large number of sellers on eBay listing extremely

    > cheap DVD
    > > box sets that are supposed to be region free, all shipped direct from

    > Asia.
    > > I was wondering if anyone had a line on a distributor/seller for

    > these,
    > > because I would have to imagine you would be able to work out a better

    > deal
    > > than even those eBay auctions if you were interested in a couple

    > complete
    > > series and went right to the source?

    > They're bootlegs. The "distributor" is some guy in a basement cranking
    > out copies on his DVD burner.

    Not always... I admit I picked up a Fight Club 2 disc set on eBay, back
    when it was still out of print (have since replaced it with the newly
    released version), and while the outer cardboard case was somewhat
    flimsy and did have some misspellings, the discs were pressed dual-layer
    with silkscreened labels, and the 2 inner amaray cases were printed
    quite professionally looking as well. You wouldn't have noticed a thing
    at all if you had just looked at the discs themselves, other than that
    they defaulted to chinese subtitles when you played them.

    Jason Charnick, May 22, 2005