    digital camera technology. Does anyone know of a digital camera that
    will accept these lenses?

    DD

    DD, Sep 10, 2004

  2. DD

    Charlie Self Guest

    DD asks:

    >I have a few Ashi Pentax, Super Takumar lenses from my film camera
    >days. My experience with these lenses has given me a good understanding
    >of what they will do and I would like to transfer this knowledge to
    >digital camera technology. Does anyone know of a digital camera that
    >will accept these lenses?

    Check their web site to be sure, but I think the Pentax *istD will take the
    lenses. How well they'll work is another question.

    Charlie Self
    "Men stumble over the truth from time to time, but most pick themselves up and
    hurry off as if nothing happened." Sir Winston Churchill

    Charlie Self, Sep 10, 2004

  3. DD

    Mark Roberts Guest

    DD <> wrote:

    > I have a few Ashi Pentax, Super Takumar lenses from my film camera
    >days. My experience with these lenses has given me a good understanding
    >of what they will do and I would like to transfer this knowledge to
    >digital camera technology. Does anyone know of a digital camera that
    >will accept these lenses?

    The Pentax ist-D will accept these lenses with the M42-to-K mount
    adapter. A few Pentax users have tried this and report the lenses work
    well. There are also M42 adapters available for Canon DSLR's and
    probably others as well, I believe. You'll be limited to stop-down
    metering with any of these solutions.

    --
    Mark Roberts
    Photography and writing

    Mark Roberts, Sep 10, 2004
  4. The Pentax *ist D will via the Pentax Mount Adapter K image:
    http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/lenses/adapters/screw.jpg
    Current catalogue item, MSRP CAD $29.99 (street price about ysd $15) The
    lenses will function in manual stop-down mode, or pretty much like they did
    when they were new.

    Darrell Larose, Sep 10, 2004
  5. DD

    DD Guest