"asdm group" error on pix 7.1

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by mak, Oct 27, 2006.

  1. mak

    mak Guest

    hi;

    Cisco PIX Security Appliance Software Version 7.1(2)
    Device Manager Version 5.1(2)

    if I connect via ASDM (or via java/browser), I get the following output:

    "this may be the first time that ASDM has been used with this unit.
    ASDM must update the topology database by sending ASDM specific commands to the pix unit..."

    "these commands provide PIX with the location of hosts ot networks on each interface...."

    no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1

    why would it send the same command 8 times?

    if I click: "send" ,
    my output is:

    OK] no asdm group OG_net_INTERN vmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    [ERROR] no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    Specified 'asdm group' does not exist

    [ERROR] no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    Specified 'asdm group' does not exist

    [ERROR] no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    Specified 'asdm group' does not exist

    [ERROR] no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    Specified 'asdm group' does not exist

    [ERROR] no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    Specified 'asdm group' does not exist

    [ERROR] no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    Specified 'asdm group' does not exist

    [ERROR] no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    Specified 'asdm group' does not exist

    [OK] asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1

    ###

    what's interesting: if I do it manually, i don't get an error, but also no result:

    pix(config)# asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    pix(config)#
    pix(config)# sh conf | incl asdm group
    pix(config)# sh run | incl asdm group
    pix(config)#

    any ideas?

    thanks,

    mak, Oct 27, 2006

  2. mak

    mak Guest

    mak wrote:
    > hi;
    >
    > Cisco PIX Security Appliance Software Version 7.1(2)
    > Device Manager Version 5.1(2)
    >

    > if I connect via ASDM (or via java/browser), I get the following output:
    >
    > "this may be the first time that ASDM has been used with this unit.
    > ASDM must update the topology database by sending ASDM specific commands
    > to the pix unit..."

    > "these commands provide PIX with the location of hosts ot networks on
    > each interface...."
    >
    > no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    > no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    > no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    > no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    > no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    > no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    > no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    > no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    > asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    >

    > why would it send the same command 8 times?
    >
    > if I click: "send" ,
    > my output is:
    >
    > OK] no asdm group OG_net_INTERN vmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    > [ERROR] no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    > Specified 'asdm group' does not exist
    >
    > [ERROR] no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    > Specified 'asdm group' does not exist
    >
    > [ERROR] no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    > Specified 'asdm group' does not exist
    >
    > [ERROR] no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    > Specified 'asdm group' does not exist
    >
    > [ERROR] no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    > Specified 'asdm group' does not exist
    >
    > [ERROR] no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    > Specified 'asdm group' does not exist
    >
    > [ERROR] no asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    > Specified 'asdm group' does not exist
    >
    > [OK] asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    >
    > ###
    >

    > what's interesting: if I do it manually, i don't get an error, but also
    > no result:
    >

    > pix(config)# asdm group OG_net_INTERN dmz reference OG_net_INTERN1
    > pix(config)#
    > pix(config)# sh conf | incl asdm group
    > pix(config)# sh run | incl asdm group
    > pix(config)#
    >
    > any ideas?
    >
    > thanks,

    forgot to add:

    since there are errors sending these commands, asdm access will be limited to monitoring.
    (I wouldn't mind, but the customer does)

    thanks,

    mak, Oct 27, 2006