    1990.

    Orcon say problem's at Telecom end.....

    Whatever...It's the worse day for ADSL I've seen in over a year.

    steve, Jun 5, 2005

  2. steve

    Shane Guest

    On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 17:47:44 +1200, steve wrote:

    > 17:45 Saturday
    >
    > On Jetstream Plus (2M) with Orcon as nominal ISP.
    >
    > REALLY crap performance for most of today. Slower than old 1200bps modem in
    > 1990.
    >
    > Orcon say problem's at Telecom end.....
    >
    > Whatever...It's the worse day for ADSL I've seen in over a year.

    At least three times today Ive had issues with Xtra ADSL .
    I would get allocated a new ip, and some time later I wouldnt be able to
    use the net, only way to fix it was to reboot my modem. (Which resulted in
    having to reboot to windows to reset the passwords and routing rules)
    It would have been more, except I got so Peed off I went up to the mount
    to do some window shopping ;-)
    Ps. it may be winter, but a sunny day in the mount sure do bring the purdy
    gurls out :)

    Shane, Jun 5, 2005

  3. steve

    EMB Guest

    steve wrote:
    > 17:45 Saturday
    >
    > On Jetstream Plus (2M) with Orcon as nominal ISP.
    >
    > REALLY crap performance for most of today. Slower than old 1200bps modem in
    > 1990.
    >
    > Orcon say problem's at Telecom end.....
    >
    > Whatever...It's the worse day for ADSL I've seen in over a year.

    2 Mbit ADSL, nominally ihug, has been fine here today (and I've been
    logged into work via the connection for the last 6 hrs without problems).

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Jun 5, 2005
  4. Suddenly, steve sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    > 17:45 Saturday
    >
    > On Jetstream Plus (2M) with Orcon as nominal ISP.

    I've been getting disconnected a lot from Xtra ADSL (2M), and seeing
    performance fluctuate up and down by huge amounts.
    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

    Aaron Lawrence, Jun 5, 2005
  5. steve

    ~misfit~ Guest

    steve wrote:
    > 17:45 Saturday
    >
    > On Jetstream Plus (2M) with Orcon as nominal ISP.
    >
    > REALLY crap performance for most of today. Slower than old 1200bps
    > modem in 1990.
    >
    > Orcon say problem's at Telecom end.....
    >
    > Whatever...It's the worse day for ADSL I've seen in over a year.

    Lost my 256 UBS Orcon connection completely for over an hour early
    afternoon. Rang Orcon, the guy said I was 6th or 7th in a row with the same
    problem and the PABX was lit up like a Xmas tree. He said it looked like
    Telecom and would call me back when he knew. Two hours later I'm back
    on-line and he calls me back and says it was a wide-ranging Telecom problem,
    all fixed now.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jun 6, 2005