    Amazing, a whole eleven bucks off if I spend ninety seven grand instead of
    fourty eight.

    :)
    Craig Shore, Sep 28, 2006

  2. Craig Shore

    XPD Guest

    "Craig Shore" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Searching for something on Ascent's www site, This was in my search
    > results
    >
    > http://www.ascent.co.nz/ProductSpecification.aspx?ItemID=120342
    >
    > Which is a Fujitsu Fi-4990C Scanner, A3, 400x400, SCSI, Duplex
    > retailing at $48,606.08 incl GST
    >
    > No, it wasn't what I was looking for, but there was the note there
    > "Purchase 2
    > or more to qualify for a quantity discount"
    >
    > Curious to see what sort of discount you get for buying two $48k scanners,
    > increased the quantity. The result was "Buy 2 and get a discount of
    > $11.25"
    >
    > Amazing, a whole eleven bucks off if I spend ninety seven grand instead of
    > fourty eight.
    >
    > :)

    And theyd probably take that $11 off you anyway for postage ;)
    XPD, Sep 28, 2006

  3. Craig Shore

    Vista Guest

    "XPD" <> wrote in message

    > "Craig Shore" <> wrote in message
    >> Searching for something on Ascent's www site, This was in my search
    >> results
    >>
    >> http://www.ascent.co.nz/ProductSpecification.aspx?ItemID=120342
    >>
    >> Which is a Fujitsu Fi-4990C Scanner, A3, 400x400, SCSI, Duplex
    >> retailing at $48,606.08 incl GST
    >>
    >> No, it wasn't what I was looking for, but there was the note there
    >> "Purchase 2
    >> or more to qualify for a quantity discount"
    >>
    >> Curious to see what sort of discount you get for buying two $48k
    >> scanners, I
    >> increased the quantity. The result was "Buy 2 and get a discount of
    >> $11.25"
    >>
    >> Amazing, a whole eleven bucks off if I spend ninety seven grand instead
    >> of
    >> fourty eight.
    >>
    >> :)
    >>

    > And theyd probably take that $11 off you anyway for postage ;)

    They have free postage.
    Vista, Sep 28, 2006
  4. On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:55:10 +1200, Craig Shore wrote:

    > Searching for something on Ascent's www site, This was in my search results
    >
    > http://www.ascent.co.nz/ProductSpecification.aspx?ItemID=120342
    >
    > Which is a Fujitsu Fi-4990C Scanner, A3, 400x400, SCSI, Duplex
    > retailing at $48,606.08 incl GST
    >
    > No, it wasn't what I was looking for, but there was the note there "Purchase 2
    > or more to qualify for a quantity discount"
    >
    > Curious to see what sort of discount you get for buying two $48k scanners, I
    > increased the quantity. The result was "Buy 2 and get a discount of $11.25"
    >
    > Amazing, a whole eleven bucks off if I spend ninety seven grand instead of
    > fourty eight.
    >
    > :)

    Probably a bug I'd say
    wogers nemesis, Sep 28, 2006
  5. T'was the Thu, 28 Sep 2006 18:35:43 +1200 when I remembered "Vista"
    <> saying something like this:

    >They have free postage.

    If I'm spending $97K, I'd hope so. At least I could buy a coffee or
    two with the $11 change:)
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.
    Waylon Kenning, Sep 28, 2006
  6. Craig Shore

    Vista Guest

    "Waylon Kenning" <> wrote in message
    > T'was the Thu, 28 Sep 2006 18:35:43 +1200 when I remembered "Vista"
    > <> saying something like this:
    >
    >>They have free postage.

    > If I'm spending $97K, I'd hope so. At least I could buy a coffee or
    > two with the $11 change:)
    > --
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Waylon Kenning.

    They give you an extra discount if you pay by DC. I'd email them to find out
    what kind of deal they could do for you.
    Vista, Sep 29, 2006
  7. Craig Shore

    colinco Guest

    In article wogers nemesis says...
    > > Amazing, a whole eleven bucks off if I spend ninety seven grand instead of
    > > fourty eight.
    > >
    > > :)

    > Probably a bug I'd say

    The volume discount is probably more to do with the average cost of a
    Courier ticket to them than the value of the item.
    colinco, Sep 29, 2006