    Lennier Guest

    What is the general consensus of opinion in nz.comp about this company?

    Lennier

    Lennier, Sep 8, 2003

  2. Aaron Lawrence, Sep 8, 2003

  3. In article <pan.2003.09.08.12.52.01.247275@TRACKER>, Lennier <> wrote:
    >What is the general consensus of opinion in nz.comp about this company?

    They're not the cheapest, but in terms of service I've yet to find an
    online retailer in this country who has better service.
    A colleague purchased a dozen HDDs for a RAID array, and they were
    delivered four hours later. My flatmate ordered some components, and
    was kept updated daily on progress of delivery (some of the components
    were on back order).

    --
    Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
    "Veni, vidi, velcro...

    My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet

    Matthew Poole, Sep 8, 2003
  4. Lennier

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Aaron Lawrence" wrote
    > Thus spake Lennier:
    > > What is the general consensus of opinion in nz.comp about this company?

    > http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ascent&meta=group=nz.comp

    heh. infinite loop...
    You post in nz.comp in a thread about ascent, a link to nz.comp with threads
    about ascent... creepy.

    T.N.O., Sep 8, 2003
  5. Lennier

    colinco Guest

    In article <pan.2003.09.08.12.52.01.247275@TRACKER>,
    lid says...
    > What is the general consensus of opinion in nz.comp about this company?
    >
    > Lennier

    Very quick to get your order into the supplier, unlike PP whose system
    places orders only once a day.If you miss PP's order batch you wait
    another day.

    colinco, Sep 8, 2003
  6. "Lennier" <> wrote in message
    > What is the general consensus of opinion in nz.comp about this company?
    >
    > Lennier

    excellent customer service and quick delivery.
    their prices are a little high but free delivery and 'one stop shopping'
    makes up for it.
    great website too and always good specials on.

    Russell

    Russell Smithies, Sep 8, 2003
  7. Lennier

    Worm Guest

    "Lennier" <> wrote in message
    > What is the general consensus of opinion in nz.comp about this company?

    As others have said, they're not the cheapest on the internet - but they're
    certainly still a lot cheaper than any local store.

    Service is top notch - emails are answered promptly. Delivery is usually
    within 2-3 days.

    Really, its the only place I buy computer bitz :)

    Worm

    Worm, Sep 8, 2003
  8. Lennier

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Lennier <> wrote in

    > What is the general consensus of opinion in nz.comp about this company?
    >
    > Lennier

    + they include freight in the price (?) - do the other companies ? Als,
    you get a discount if you are buying a "whole" PC in bits, + a discount for
    cash (online banking payment) not a big discount but added up on a PC it's
    worth a mention I think. I've never dealt with them but would be happy to
    do so.

    --
    Chris Mayhew using Xnews !

    Chris Mayhew, Sep 8, 2003
  9. Lennier

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <pan.2003.09.08.12.52.01.247275@TRACKER>,
    lid says...
    > What is the general consensus of opinion in nz.comp about this company?

    They are cost competitive, have a good mail order operation with a wide
    range of products, and have been in business a long time.

    I recently purchased Sony Memory Stick 128 MB @ $133, it was shipped
    overnight and arrived in Christchurch the very next morning.

    Mainlander, Sep 9, 2003
  10. Lennier

    Mainlander Guest

    Mainlander, Sep 9, 2003
  11. Lennier

    T.N.O. Guest

    T.N.O., Sep 9, 2003
  12. Lennier

    Bb Guest

    I've dealt with three online outfits here in Wellington. Excellent service
    from all three.
    Aquilatech, Ascent, & PP

    Cheers .................. Bb

    Bb, Sep 9, 2003
  13. Lennier

    Ali P Guest

    "Lennier" <> wrote in message
    > What is the general consensus of opinion in nz.comp about this company?
    >
    > Lennier

    IMHO they have the best online shopping website I've ever used. It comes at
    a cost though - their prices are a little higher than everywhere else. I've
    bought some RAM, a motherboard, some software and a monitor off them over
    the last month or two and their service and turnaround time was outstanding.
    You get a discount if you pay by bank transfer or eftpos instead of credit
    card. They have free shipping though which is probably why their prices are
    a little higher and AFAIK you don't get a discount if you pick it up
    yourself - at least I didn't.

    Ali P, Sep 9, 2003
  14. Lennier

    Stuart Guest

    "Lennier" <> wrote in message
    > What is the general consensus of opinion in nz.comp about this company?

    Purchased a complete computer system off them last year. Their service is
    phenomenal - I really only have good things to say about them.

    The CD writer started playing up earlier this year. I emailed them, and the
    next day a new one was winging its way down to Dunedin.

    I haven't dealt with other places, but I'd definitely recommend Ascent.

    Stuart

    Stuart, Sep 9, 2003
  15. Lennier

    Big Guest

    On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 22:23:37 +1200, "Ali P"
    <> wrote:

    >"Lennier" <> wrote in message
    >> What is the general consensus of opinion in nz.comp about this company?
    >>
    >> Lennier
    >>

    >IMHO they have the best online shopping website I've ever used. It comes at
    >a cost though - their prices are a little higher than everywhere else. I've
    >bought some RAM, a motherboard, some software and a monitor off them over
    >the last month or two and their service and turnaround time was outstanding.
    >You get a discount if you pay by bank transfer or eftpos instead of credit
    >card. They have free shipping though which is probably why their prices are
    >a little higher

    Not its for the Rent of there Office in Eagle house..

    Big , Sep 9, 2003
  16. Lennier

    Lennier Guest

    On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 19:06:01 +0000, Matthew Poole wrote:

    > In article <pan.2003.09.08.12.52.01.247275@TRACKER>, Lennier
    > <> wrote:
    >>What is the general consensus of opinion in nz.comp about this company?
    >>

    > They're not the cheapest, but in terms of service I've yet to find an
    > online retailer in this country who has better service. A colleague
    > purchased a dozen HDDs for a RAID array, and they were delivered four
    > hours later. My flatmate ordered some components, and was kept updated
    > daily on progress of delivery (some of the components were on back order).

    Thanks everybody for your answers to my enquiry. Sounds definitely like I
    should give them a try.

    Regards,

    Lennier

    Lennier, Sep 9, 2003
  17. Lennier

    pete Guest

    <Big > wrote in message
    > On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 22:23:37 +1200, "Ali P"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >"Lennier" <> wrote in message
    > >> What is the general consensus of opinion in nz.comp about this company?
    > >>
    > >> Lennier
    > >>

    > >IMHO they have the best online shopping website I've ever used. It comes

    at
    > >a cost though - their prices are a little higher than everywhere else.

    I've
    > >bought some RAM, a motherboard, some software and a monitor off them over
    > >the last month or two and their service and turnaround time was

    outstanding.
    > >You get a discount if you pay by bank transfer or eftpos instead of

    credit
    > >card. They have free shipping though which is probably why their prices

    are
    > >a little higher

    > Not its for the Rent of there Office in Eagle house..

    Woger Alert!

    pete, Sep 11, 2003
  18. "Kristofer Clayton" <> wrote in

    > On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 00:52:06 +1200, Lennier
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>What is the general consensus of opinion in nz.comp about this company?

    > Ascent and PP are the only companies I deal with. Ascent's prices are
    > a little higher than PP's, but ordering is extremely painless and
    > fast, their system keeps you up to date with backorder reports,
    > shipping reports and the like, Returns are handled very quick and
    > support queries are answered promptly. I've ordered two computer
    > systems and various parts.

    I wouldn't go that far, a lot of Ascents prices are cheaper, also you can
    Ascent's prices with a credit card and no attract another fee.

    Jason

    Jason Fanning, Sep 11, 2003