    But , no probs using Internet explorer.

    Although, firefox used to work with asb, i wonder if the new version of
    firefox is incompatible with the asb site.
    news.xtra.co.nz, Feb 28, 2006

  2. news.xtra.co.nz

    shannon Guest

    news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    > I've noticed, often I cannot log in to the ASB internet banking website
    > using firefox.
    >
    > I get this message after entering my user name and password...
    >
    > You are not currently signed on to FastNet Classic
    > Please enter your FastNet Access Code and FastNet Password.
    >
    > But , no probs using Internet explorer.
    >
    > Although, firefox used to work with asb, i wonder if the new version of
    > firefox is incompatible with the asb site.

    I just signed into ASB fastnet classic with firefox, after I read your
    post and it still works for me.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1)
    Gecko/20060111 Firefox/1.5.0.1
    shannon, Feb 28, 2006

  3. news.xtra.co.nz

    Steven Ellis Guest

    news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    > I've noticed, often I cannot log in to the ASB internet banking website
    > using firefox.
    >
    > I get this message after entering my user name and password...
    >
    > You are not currently signed on to FastNet Classic
    > Please enter your FastNet Access Code and FastNet Password.

    There is a problem with the ASB website and cookies that sometimes
    locks you out as it leaves a stale cookie behind. Get the "View
    Cookies" extension, and when on the login screen do "View Page Info"
    and look at the cookies tab. Delete all of the asb related cookies and
    you can then login.

    If you talk to their tech support they will ask you to delete all of
    your cookie cache.

    > But , no probs using Internet explorer.

    It happens a lot more with Firefox, but I have managed to get it to
    happen with IE as well.

    > Although, firefox used to work with asb, i wonder if the new version of
    > firefox is incompatible with the asb site.

    They have done a lot of work to fix their firefox/mozilla issues
    recently which i'm pleased to see. Still not perfect, but better than a
    lot of other sites.

    Steve
    Steven Ellis, Feb 28, 2006
  4. "Steven Ellis" <> wrote in message

    > news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    >> I've noticed, often I cannot log in to the ASB internet banking website
    >> using firefox.
    >>
    >> I get this message after entering my user name and password...
    >>
    >> You are not currently signed on to FastNet Classic
    >> Please enter your FastNet Access Code and FastNet Password.
    >>

    > There is a problem with the ASB website and cookies that sometimes
    > locks you out as it leaves a stale cookie behind. Get the "View
    > Cookies" extension, and when on the login screen do "View Page Info"
    > and look at the cookies tab. Delete all of the asb related cookies and
    > you can then login.
    >
    > If you talk to their tech support they will ask you to delete all of
    > your cookie cache.
    >
    >> But , no probs using Internet explorer.

    > It happens a lot more with Firefox, but I have managed to get it to
    > happen with IE as well.
    >
    >> Although, firefox used to work with asb, i wonder if the new version of
    >> firefox is incompatible with the asb site.

    > They have done a lot of work to fix their firefox/mozilla issues
    > recently which i'm pleased to see. Still not perfect, but better than a
    > lot of other sites.
    >
    > Steve

    Fixed the problem , thanks.

    I've never noticed this with any other banking website, quite strange.

    ASB used to be a leader in technology, now they are distinctly falling
    behind
    news.xtra.co.nz, Mar 1, 2006
  5. In article <uA5Nf.342$>,
    says...

    > Fixed the problem , thanks.
    >
    > I've never noticed this with any other banking website, quite strange.
    >
    > ASB used to be a leader in technology, now they are distinctly falling
    > behind

    Hmm. I've been using ASB with Firefox since they put the service up, and I
    haven't had a problem so far. I use heavy spam and cookie filtering via
    filtering/editing proxy as well before Firefox ever gets to load the pages, and
    this has not led to any issues. Maybe _because_ I am filtering heavily, who
    knows ;-)

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Mar 1, 2006
  6. news.xtra.co.nz

    Barry Lennox Guest

    On 28 Feb 2006 14:36:49 -0800, "Steven Ellis" <>
    wrote:

    >news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    >> I've noticed, often I cannot log in to the ASB internet banking website
    >> using firefox.
    >>
    >> I get this message after entering my user name and password...
    >>
    >> You are not currently signed on to FastNet Classic
    >> Please enter your FastNet Access Code and FastNet Password.
    >>

    >There is a problem with the ASB website and cookies that sometimes
    >locks you out as it leaves a stale cookie behind. Get the "View
    >Cookies" extension, and when on the login screen do "View Page Info"
    >and look at the cookies tab. Delete all of the asb related cookies and
    >you can then login.
    >
    >If you talk to their tech support they will ask you to delete all of
    >your cookie cache.
    >
    >> But , no probs using Internet explorer.

    >It happens a lot more with Firefox, but I have managed to get it to
    >happen with IE as well.
    >
    >> Although, firefox used to work with asb, i wonder if the new version of
    >> firefox is incompatible with the asb site.

    >They have done a lot of work to fix their firefox/mozilla issues
    >recently which i'm pleased to see. Still not perfect, but better than a
    >lot of other sites.
    >
    >Steve

    I get the same problem with Opera now and then, Clearing out the
    caches seems to work.

    What annoys me is their "Help-desk" They seem as helpful and useful as
    tits on a bull. If there is any problem, they seemed pre-briefed to
    deny it.
    Barry Lennox, Mar 3, 2006