    Thanks,
    Steve

    , Mar 2, 2009

  2. Brian V Guest

    "Artie Lange" <> wrote in message
    news:goh5h5$in9$...
    > wrote:
    >> We have a brand new asa5505 that works fine. However, randomly, it
    >> stops routing.
    >>
    >> We can get to it with hyperterminal and reboot it, then all is fine.
    >>
    >> Any ideas on how to troubleshoot or try to fix?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Steve

    > Turn up logging and see what is taking place?
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a00807c35e7.shtml

    Licensing issue? What are you licensed for (hosts and connections)? Do a
    show xlate and a show local-host to see where you are.
    NAT Overload issue? Possible misconfiguration of the overload?

    Brian V, Mar 2, 2009

  3. Guest

    On Mar 2, 12:37 pm, Artie Lange <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > We have a brand new asa5505 that works fine. However, randomly, it
    > > stops routing.

    > > We can get to it with hyperterminal and reboot it, then all is fine.

    > > Any ideas on how to troubleshoot or try to fix?

    > > Thanks,
    > > Steve

    > Turn up logging and see what is taking place?
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a00...

    Artie,
    Thanks - I jut turned on logging - logging trap debug
    and - installed kiwi syslogd on one of my servers.
    Its capturing data so, lets see what turns up.

    Thanks for the pointer.

    Steve

    , Mar 2, 2009