ASA5505 base license - only 10 users?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by dave, Nov 28, 2007.

  1. dave

    dave Guest

    I've just purchased a new ASA 5505 with a base license only. I'm
    planning on configuring and installing in a client's 10-20 user small
    office. Am I correct in seeing that this box will only allow 10
    simultaneous Internet connections? Here is a 'show ver':

    Licensed features for this platform:
    Maximum Physical Interfaces : 8
    VLANs : 3, DMZ Restricted
    Inside Hosts : 10
    Failover : Disabled
    VPN-DES : Enabled
    VPN-3DES-AES : Enabled
    VPN Peers : 10
    WebVPN Peers : 2
    Dual ISPs : Disabled
    VLAN Trunk Ports : 0

    This platform has a Base license.

    I'm a little confused because I installed a PIX501 a while back for
    another client and they have unlimited. I appreciate your time and
    any help you can provide.

    dave, Nov 28, 2007

  2. dave

    CK Guest

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/prod_models_comparison.html
    Go through the above link ..

    As per4 my understanding .
    Inside Hosts : can be unlimited
    VPN Peers : will be 10 only..

    Means only 10 remote users or site to site connection can be made at a
    time.
    Inside user can be unlimited , maximum connections passing through is
    3000 per second..

    Rgds.. CK
    Rate if helped

    CK, Nov 28, 2007

  3. dave <> writes:
    >I've just purchased a new ASA 5505 with a base license only. I'm
    >planning on configuring and installing in a client's 10-20 user small
    >office. Am I correct in seeing that this box will only allow 10
    >simultaneous Internet connections? Here is a 'show ver':

    >Licensed features for this platform:
    >Maximum Physical Interfaces : 8
    >VLANs : 3, DMZ Restricted
    >Inside Hosts : 10
    >Failover : Disabled
    >VPN-DES : Enabled
    >VPN-3DES-AES : Enabled
    >VPN Peers : 10
    >WebVPN Peers : 2
    >Dual ISPs : Disabled
    >VLAN Trunk Ports : 0

    >This platform has a Base license.

    Yes, you appear to have bought a 10-user bundle.

    Base license refers to other licensable item (ie. security == VPN peers).

    Ie. the first three here are "base license". The 4th one is the security+

    ASA5505-BUN-K9 = 10 user bundle
    ASA5505-50-BUN-K9 = 50 user bundle
    ASA5505-UL-BUN-K9 = Unlimited user bundle

    ASA5505-SEC-BUN-K9 = Unlimited user bundle, Security Plus, 25 VPN peers,etc.

    >I'm a little confused because I installed a PIX501 a while back for
    >another client and they have unlimited. I appreciate your time and
    >any help you can provide.

    PIX501 came in the same increments. You must have bought an unlimited
    user bundle then..

    PIX-501 = 10 user bundle
    PIX-501-BUN-K9 = 10 user bundle with 3DES license
    PIX-501-50-BUN-K9 = 50 user bundle with 3DES license
    PIX-501-UL-BUN-K9 = Unlimited User bundle with 3DES license.

    Are the part numbers you likely dealt with.

    Doug McIntyre, Nov 28, 2007
  4. Hello Dave,

    > I've just purchased a new ASA 5505 with a base license only. I'm
    > planning on configuring and installing in a client's 10-20 user small
    > office. Am I correct in seeing that this box will only allow 10
    > simultaneous Internet connections? Here is a 'show ver':

    Yep. You can have 10 concurrent IP addresses accessing the Internet. Remember
    that your printers can be configured without a default gateway and still
    work in the office.

    > Inside Hosts : 10

    ---
    Helge Olav Helgesen