ASA still not letting anything through

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by K.J. 44, Sep 12, 2006.

  1. K.J. 44

    K.J. 44 Guest

    I am getting very frustrated. I have an ASA and it will not let
    anything through.

    inside interface security level 100
    outside interface security level 0

    inbound ACL on inside interface - permit ip any any
    inbound ACL on outside interface - permit ip any any
    obviously this will not be how it will be in a production environment
    but I am trying to get ANYTHING TO GO THROUGH.

    no application level inspection

    NAT performed

    When I try to load a webpage by IP address, ethereal sees the packets
    and sees that they are being sent to the ASA's inside interface.

    When I do this the packet counters for input on the interface increase.

    none of the hitcounts on the ACLs increment at all.

    Somebody please shed some light on this for me as I am getting royally
    pissed at this thing. It has been a week long venture and I have to
    keep taking it out during business and simply have my router performing
    security functions with reflexive ACLs.

    Thanks.
    K.J. 44, Sep 12, 2006

  2. K.J. 44

    Brian V Guest

    "K.J. 44" <> wrote in message
    >I am getting very frustrated. I have an ASA and it will not let
    > anything through.
    >
    > inside interface security level 100
    > outside interface security level 0
    >
    > inbound ACL on inside interface - permit ip any any
    > inbound ACL on outside interface - permit ip any any
    > obviously this will not be how it will be in a production environment
    > but I am trying to get ANYTHING TO GO THROUGH.
    >
    > no application level inspection
    >
    > NAT performed
    >
    > When I try to load a webpage by IP address, ethereal sees the packets
    > and sees that they are being sent to the ASA's inside interface.
    >
    > When I do this the packet counters for input on the interface increase.
    >
    > none of the hitcounts on the ACLs increment at all.
    >
    > Somebody please shed some light on this for me as I am getting royally
    > pissed at this thing. It has been a week long venture and I have to
    > keep taking it out during business and simply have my router performing
    > security functions with reflexive ACLs.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Post a full config. Try not to "hide" too much...ie just hide your publics
    Brian V, Sep 13, 2006

  3. K.J. 44

    swapnendu

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2006
    Messages:
    57
    show us the NAT and global statements, interface ip addresses and routes...hope u r not using NAT 0 for all of the traffic...try a ping from the ASA itself to check if u r able to reach the next hop on outside interface.....do a show xlate to verify proper NAT translations....
    swapnendu, Sep 13, 2006