ASA failover failure

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by mikesr@email.cz, Feb 13, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    I have experiensed failover failure on the new instalation of pair of
    ASA 5510 7.2(2). I use multi context mode but actualy in Active/
    Standby mode. Only the reason fro multi context is the preemtion
    option only supported in multiple mode.
    The problem is that after restart of the primary/activ box it fall in
    to state "failover off" or "could standby".
    Only recovery procedure to get the failover up and running is switch
    off the secondary box, restart the primary and finaly switch on the
    secondary again.
    This behavior was seen only when restarting the active. If I simulate
    other failure e.g. interface disconnect it works fine.

    Can someone advise if:
    1. Configuration with single failover group is valid ?
    2. If someone experienced similar behavior. Or have any idea.

    See the failover configuration:
    failover
    failover lan unit primary
    failover lan interface failover Ethernet0/3
    failover polltime unit 2 holdtime 10
    failover key *****
    failover link failover Ethernet0/3
    failover interface ip failover 192.168.254.1 255.255.255.252 standby
    192.168.254.2
    failover group 1
    preempt
    polltime interface 2 holdtime 10