    them which support DMVPN. I would like to be able to configure the ASA
    as the Hub and the 2811 routers as the spokes.

    TIA
    Chad, Oct 5, 2006

  2. Chad

    Darren Green Guest

    "Chad" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is it possible to conifigure DMVPN on an ASA 5520? My Company
    > currently has 4 offices with Cisco 2811 routers and IOS's on all of
    > them which support DMVPN. I would like to be able to configure the ASA
    > as the Hub and the 2811 routers as the spokes.
    >
    > TIA

    Chad,

    Hi.

    I have not seen this done with a PIX. To the best of my knowledge you need a
    router.

    I have seen a couple of instances where the PIX was configured to let the
    GRE though to a router sat behind it. This router was responsible for
    terminating the DMVPN. From memory I am sure that NAT was a problem so you
    may need to ensure that there is either a public address on the outside of
    your DMVPN router that it untranslated as it goes through the PIX, or
    alternatively a static translation from an outside global pool that maps to
    the outside of your DMVPN router.

    On your PIX you will need to allow pass through of the appropriate GRE &
    IPSEC policies.

    Please search Cisco in the first instance to validate the above. It was a
    while ago when I looked at this.

    Regards

    Darren
    Darren Green, Oct 7, 2006

  3. Chad

    Everyman Guest

    Uzytkownik "Chad" <> napisal w wiadomosci
    > Is it possible to conifigure DMVPN on an ASA 5520? My Company
    > currently has 4 offices with Cisco 2811 routers and IOS's on all of
    > them which support DMVPN. I would like to be able to configure the ASA
    > as the Hub and the 2811 routers as the spokes.
    >
    > TIA
    >

    > Is it possible to conifigure DMVPN on an ASA 5520? My Company
    > currently has 4 offices with Cisco 2811 routers and IOS's on all of
    > them which support DMVPN. I would like to be able to configure the ASA
    > as the Hub and the 2811 routers as the spokes.
    >
    > TIA

    I had similar problem some time ago. But in my case it was a PIX instead
    ASA. I did find that
    it is not possible to configure DMVPN on PIX. I dont know this issue on ASA,
    but I expect the same. You need the router.

    Regards.
    Wlodek.
    Everyman, Oct 9, 2006