ASA 5520 Active/Active Conguration Example

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by UBEST, Mar 31, 2007.

  1. UBEST

    UBEST Guest

    UBEST, Mar 31, 2007

  2. UBEST

    UBEST Guest

    our ISP that owns backbone will provide us two separately 100 Mbps
    committed links with the same class C network. we are going to host
    multiple websites behind two ASA 5520 devices for redundancy. Failover
    is not what we want since it only utilizes one of two active links
    (100 Mbps dedicated each). any suggestion? Thanks again.

    UBEST, Mar 31, 2007

  3. UBEST

    hinka

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2006
    Messages:
    26
    Active/Active

    You need to setup using Security Context to achieve that. Both context will have traffic flowing thru..

    hinka, Apr 2, 2007
  4. UBEST

    kdsingha

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Hi All,

    I have tried configuring two ASA5520 in active/active by creating contexts. Failover status shows correctly but it can not do inter vlan routing between the vlans which belongs to different contexts. However, intervlan routing works fine with single context & active/standby failover.

    Is this possible to communicate from one vlan in one context to another vlan in another context? If possible, how? Also please share me any document which says its possible & the configuration example, if available.

    Thanks in advance!!!!

    Rgds,
    DEB

    kdsingha, Oct 11, 2007
  5. UBEST

    kdsingha

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    kdsingha, Oct 11, 2007
  6. UBEST

    bmille6

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    did you ever figure it out???

    I have been searching the internet looking for the exact question you posted. Did you ever figure out how to do it? Please get back to me b/c I am extremely curious. I have been looking through every cisco document but I have not found the answer. Thank you

    Brett Miller

    bmille6, Mar 24, 2008