    failover. Can anyone confirm its ASA5510-SEC-PL ? And what is the best
    way to get this ? Are these licenses really 500-800 (on the web) per
    device ?

    turnip, Dec 4, 2008

  2. turnip

    Brian V Guest

    "turnip" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have 2 ASA 5510's that appear to need new licenses to enable
    > failover. Can anyone confirm its ASA5510-SEC-PL ? And what is the best
    > way to get this ? Are these licenses really 500-800 (on the web) per
    > device ?

    Yes, those are the part numbers you need to enable failover. 500$ is an
    awesome price if you can get it for that. Typically 800-900$ from a VAR.

    Brian V, Dec 4, 2008

  3. turnip

    turnip Guest

    On Dec 4, 3:08 pm, "Brian V" <> wrote:
    > "turnip" <> wrote in message

    > >I have 2 ASA 5510's that appear to need new licenses to enable
    > > failover. Can anyone confirm its ASA5510-SEC-PL ? And what is the best
    > > way to get this ? Are these licenses really 500-800 (on the web) per
    > > device ?

    > Yes, those are the part numbers you need to enable failover. 500$ is an
    > awesome price if you can get it for that. Typically 800-900$ from a VAR.

    Damn I was hoping a smart net or some other service contract would
    cover it. As well thanks for the info

    turnip, Dec 4, 2008
  4. turnip

    Brian V Guest

    "turnip" <> wrote in message
    On Dec 4, 3:08 pm, "Brian V" <> wrote:
    > "turnip" <> wrote in message

    > >I have 2 ASA 5510's that appear to need new licenses to enable
    > > failover. Can anyone confirm its ASA5510-SEC-PL ? And what is the best
    > > way to get this ? Are these licenses really 500-800 (on the web) per
    > > device ?

    > Yes, those are the part numbers you need to enable failover. 500$ is an
    > awesome price if you can get it for that. Typically 800-900$ from a VAR.

    >Damn I was hoping a smart net or some other service contract would
    >cover it. As well thanks for the info

    It's not software, it's a PAK key which you register on CCO along with the
    ASA's serial numbers. You then get an activation key that enables functions
    within the ASA. The ASA must be rebooted for it to take effect, but will
    continue to operate normally until then. The Plus license gets you a whole
    heck of a lot more than just failover, more interfaces, more VLAN's, more
    connections, VPN clustering etc etc
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/prod_models_comparison.html

    -Brian

    Brian V, Dec 5, 2008